Survey: Out of all the doors you went to, how many asked..............

by whyizit 7 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

Could you estimate how many doors you went to within a year's time, what percentage claimed to be Christians, and how many asked good thought-provoking questions? Questions that made you really think and wonder if something was not quite right with the WT. How important do you think it would be in the lives of JWs to have this happen on a more regular basis?

• unique1
    unique1

In a year??? OK went at least twice a week. 52 weeks in a year. Take out a few for sickness. about 11000 doors.

Christian around 6000. I had alot of not at homes.

Asked a meaningful question: 3

I think for some who are open minded the questions may help, but for those who are completely brainwashed like my parents, the questions won't do anything.

It always weirded me out how JW's would encourage people to be open minded to their message, but on the other hand encouraged their congregation members to be anything but.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I had people say they were Christian, but it was usually so they could get rid of us, not many asked real thought provoking questions.

I have a good friend that did try and talk to JW's when they came to her door, ask questions and when she found out I was raised a JW asked me why they never came back!

I think for the most part, the average JW doesn't know how to engage people in real meaningful conversations at the door. They are given presentations with the express purpose of getting literature in their hands, not to discuss bible topics.

BB

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, let's see - publisher for 34 years, made average hours most of the time - that's 4,080 hours. How many doors? Well, doing apartments, it could be 20 per hour, RVs one per hour, so let's say 5 average - that's 20,400 doors. Number of christians - oh, at least 95%, that's 19,380. Number of meaningful questions - 2 - one from a university student (that I still think about), and one from a doctor. Neither from a religious perspective - one was logic, the other was science. Pretty pathetic, when you think about it.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

In my span of service from the late 90's to now I don't think i ever did enough territory to go over 1,000 doors. I don't even think I got over 500. People around here don't like going out in service, and when they do go out it's all about wasting time on pointless RVs and Bathroom breaks. Meaningful conversation? One or two, but I never went back soon, I think subconsciencly I didn't want them to learn more about the witnesses. I also must add that most of those doors where done over two years ago. The number of doors i have been to the last few years wouldn't add up to over 75 i think.

• kristyann
    kristyann

I think a lot of people probably don't ask meaningful questions because they are either trying to be polite, or they really know hardly anything about the organization. Remember, we know so much more about it than most people. Most people aren't aware of even a fraction of it. I didn't even know what the Watchtower magazine was until I met my boyfriend... I'm sure I had seen them around in doctor's offices or whatever, but I never noticed one or picked one up. I just knew that everyone said Jehovah's Witnesses were a cult, I knew they didn't celebrate anything, and I knew they didn't pledge allegiance to the flag. Oh, and I knew they went around door to door bothering everyone. I mean, researching JWs is not the top thing on most people's minds (even though I sure do enough of it!) So most probably have no way of even thinking to ask a meaningful question... their minds are on other things, they don't know much about JWs, and quite frankly, they probably just want to be left alone.

• simplesally
    simplesally

No one ever asked a question to make me think that I was doing the wrong thing or even wasting my time. I don't think I even met a person who was an ex-jw when I was out in service.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Okay, when doing normal fieldservice we did between 50 to 100 doors per hour, depending on the teritory.

60% is not at home (including the ones pretending not be home)
    30% opens the door/answer the intercome etc, and closes the door without saying a word when they realize you are witnesses
    5 % are very direct and say NO! I am not interested!
    4 % are more polite and come up with a lame excusee. Busy, going out, or whatever.

from the 1 % that is left over:
    30% don't want to be unfriendly and take some magazines in order to make you go away. (they do not realize the return visit sceme)
    20% is totally crazy, and can't have any real conversation.
    20% think you are someone else, let you in, and come to this embarassing conclusion later
    15% feels so lonely that they preetend to be interested
    10% want to talk to you about their own belives, religions etc.
    4 % gives though prevoking questions
    1 % is actually interested

Can people agree on this?

Does this answer your question?

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit