JW Attitudes about Medical Marijuana

by BadPammie 9 Replies latest social current

• BadPammie
    BadPammie

I am curious. I am an RN and work in Portland Oregon where we help people who qualify for medical marijuana obtain their state registration cards. I am a MMJ paitient myself.

My parents are in good standing and know about my medical choices. They have seen how very ill I have been and can see the benefits of my MMJ. I am wondering if there are any JW's in good standing that hold a MMJ registration and how the WBTS views the medicinal use of the herb.

I did a search on their website and the limited information I found was not favorable.

BadPammie

• BadPammie
    BadPammie

bump;

Is there no answer or are you afraid to talk about it?

• jaredg
    jaredg

i don't know!! but my instincts say that it is taboo.

• undercover
    undercover

I've never seen it mentioned in any of the publications, but then I haven't read the last five years worth anyway.

Seeing how smoking is a DFing offense, I would have to guess that smoking medical marijuana would be a DFing offense as well. Also, since most people see marijuana as an illegal narcotic, whether it has medicinal value or not, the JW view would be to not partake in anything that might bring reproach on Jehovah the organization.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I don't have personal experience, but I would guess that they would say something in the "Trusting Jehovah to take care of your problems..." area of rhetoric. I could imagine that there are those who do and keep it on the low down and never agree to have the bookstudy at their house...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I remember years and years ago a talk about "drugs and medical care" was being given and the speaker posed the question: "Would it be ok for a Jehovers Witness to use marijuana if it was prescribed by a Dr. for medical use?" The speaker said "yes!"

• undercover
    undercover
    I remember years and years ago a talk about "drugs and medical care" was being given and the speaker posed the question: "Would it be ok for a Jehovers Witness to use marijuana if it was prescribed by a Dr. for medical use?" The speaker said "yes!"

Well, then....

I guess I need to call Doctor Robert...

Ring my friend, I said you call Doctor Robert
    Day or night he'll be there any time at all, Doctor Robert
    Doctor Robert, you're a new and better man,
    He helps you to understand
    He does everything he can, Doctor Robert

If you're down he'll pick you up, Doctor Robert
    Take a drink from his special cup, Doctor Robert
    Doctor Robert, he's a man you must believe,
    Helping everyone in need
    No one can succeed like Doctor Robert

Well, well, well, you're feeling fine
    Well, well, well, he'll make you ... Doctor Robert

My friend works for the national health, Doctor Robert
    Don't pay money just to see yourself with Doctor Robert
    Doctor Robert, you're a new and better man,
    He helps you to understand
    He does everything he can, Doctor Robert

Well, well, well, you're feeling fine
    Well, well, well, he'll make you ... Doctor Robert

• BadPammie
    BadPammie
    I've never seen it mentioned in any of the publications, but then I haven't read the last five years worth anyway.

Seeing how smoking is a DFing offense, I would have to guess that smoking medical marijuana would be a DFing offense as well. ; ;Also, since most people see marijuana as an illegal narcotic, whether it has medicinal value or not, the JW view would be to not partake in anything that might bring reproach on Jehovah the organization

Well if that is the only objection it is invalid as there are many other options, including vaporizors which work in much the same way as an inhaler for asthmatics. On a side note, asthma is a qualifying condition as MMJ helps to relax a constricted air way. I make butter for brownies, cookies and candies for oral ingestion.

• undercover
    undercover
    I make butter for brownies, cookies and candies for oral ingestion.

I think I saw you at the last Grateful Dead show I went to... just kidding

If the "drug" can be taken by other means than smoking, then I guess there could be no way to force a JW to decline this medical option. Of course, most JWs do not think for themselves on such matters, they wait until someone tells them if it's okay or not. And if you ask the wrong elder, you're gonna get bad advice.

• BadPammie
    BadPammie
    I think I saw you at the last Grateful Dead show I went to... ; ; just kidding

Never been to one but know a guy who was conceived at one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit