OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENTS

by bonnzo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

the following are some outrageous statements made at my last service meeting. the part was the first installment of the new OM book, "Organized To Do Jehovah's Will"

1) when discussing the difference in jehovah's organization and worldly organizations, the conductor remarked that the "higher you go up in jah's org., the more humble people are". i didn't know that there was a "higher up". i thought we were all equal. also, the only arrogant people i've ever met in the truth were CO's, DO's and elders and MS's. oh, i forgot pioneers. not all of them, it's just that in the truth, what else would you be arrogant over?

2) he remarked that this book helps us to realize that not only were doctrinal points important, but organizational proceedures were important. based on what scripture? im still waiting on that one.

3) when discussing the importance of the preaching work, he made this statement (and i quote): "it has been said that man's greatest feat has been the global preaching work". what idiot said that? is it really global? how many publishers are in china?

these are just the ones made by the speaker. there are some winners in the book also. since this is to be discussed in future service meetings, i'm sure i'll hear more. i'll post them when i get them. feel free to laugh your ass off and dissect.

• serendipity
  • Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

We're all equal. Just some are more equal than others.

BTW, since I only go to the meetings every other Sunday and haven't been a publisher for over five years, do you think they will give me a copy of the OM book if I ask for it at the literature counter. It would be embarrassing to ask and be told that I don't qualify.

• Mary
    Mary
    3) when discussing the importance of the preaching work, he made this statement (and i quote): "it has been said that man's greatest feat has been the global preaching work". what idiot said that?

No doubt the buffoon read it off the bathroom wall at Paterson or Columbia Heights........Thumbs Down

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hey Bonnzo good on you for being able to sit through those horrible meetings... don't you just die of boredom? How long have you been picking up on the irony of some of their 'outrageous statements' for.

I have no desire to go back to a meeting ever again but sometimes I think it would be interesting to go along and for once filter all the trollop that comes spewing forth from their mouths.

• LDH
    LDH
    3) when discussing the importance of the preaching work, he made this statement (and i quote): "it has been said that man's greatest feat has been the global preaching work". what idiot said that? is it really global? how many publishers are in china?

Bonnzo,

After cutting and pasting your bullet point #3 above, I notice I tabbed down to the 'wingdings' font.

I was going to change it back to Times new Roman, then I realized this is exactly how much sense the speaker's remarks make to most people.

How on earth can you sit through it?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    BTW, since I only go to the meetings every other Sunday and haven't been a publisher for over five years, do you think they will give me a copy of the OM book if I ask for it at the literature counter. It would be embarrassing to ask and be told that I don't qualify.

You don't need them anymore to supply your "spiritual needs"™

Simply go to www.reexamine.org and go to the downloads page.

• Mr.Beaker
    Mr.Beaker

I thought when i saw the heading of this subject "outrageous statements" i could post something here like:

I HAVE AN EAR GROWING OUT MY BOTTOM - OUTRAGEOUS!!!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I HAVE AN EAR GROWING OUT MY BOTTOM - OUTRAGEOUS!!!
    That is hilarious! I just had diet coke come out my nose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit