Truth Book or not?

by Rooster 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rooster
    Rooster

This book was published in 1981 notice the leading question posted below.

[Study Questions]

1. (a) Since God will soon destroy this system of things, what question do we need to ask about our worship? (b) If we want to follow the course God approves, to what book will we go?

Subtle mind control. SOON DESTROY THIS SYSTEM..

Well 25 years have passed. Will they be held accountable?

• juni
    juni

I don't know if I quite understand your Topic. The Truth book was published in the ' 60's. We studied that one. Was .25 at the time. But also had the leading questions that obviously had one answer. Juni

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Try 1968. It was revised in 1981. The WT CD-ROM publishes it under the 1981 Revision date.

The 1968 question on paragraph 1 of chapter 2 reads identically. 2006 - 1968 = 38 years.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Rooster
    Rooster

Do you think we owe an apology to our neighbors for the message we took to them?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Do we owe the world an apology?

In concept, yes. In practice, they were never listening anyway. Most people would never be taken in by JW's.

The best way to pay back any debt you feel you owe the world is to help those still in the org to get out. Be here on this board, respond to new ones that pop on looking for help, and let your unique way of looking at the world be one more lens for them to see clearly through.

(But keep in mind that you don't REALLY owe anyone anything. Action motivated by guilt is what we freed ourselves from by leaving. Don't inadvertantly take it back!)

Dave

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

It is the Watch Tower Society who owes the apology--to EVERYONE--including those they duped into carrying their false message to others.

It does give me a frightening idea though. A house-to-house "campaign" passing out a printed leaflet with a personal apolology for trying to recruit them with what you have since found to be lies. Brief apology, brief explanation, brief list of informative web sites and books....alternately, we could just leave them in laundromats and on bulletin boards. LOL

~Merry

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

Does anyone know if they have revised the truth book since the new light in 1995 about the generation that saw 1914 beginng living until the end change they made, which I was not around for since I tuned in, turned on, and dropped out in the late seventies.

• Cellist
    Cellist

They replaced it with "You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Earth". They've replaced that book a few times already, so I hear. We've been out awhile too.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit