Rutherford and Women

by sammielee24 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

..After reading all the previous info about Rutherford and his family/residences etc., is there any proof that exists that Rutherford did in fact have a mistress at some time during his separation from his wife? I thought there was some speculation that there was a very young woman who lived with him and travelled with him, being his lover but I can't recall her name. In addition, how did his wife survive financially if she had no job? Were there still assets that might have dissolved at the death of her parents and I wonder if she left her property to the society when she died. Why did the son apparently hate his father so much? I find it intriguing that Russell was separated from his wife and then Rutherford was separated from his wife..and who knows how many of the GB after that? That was an interesting thread and just got my curiosity aroused that's all. sammieswife..

• Atlantis
  • Forscher
    Forscher

Simple enough on the women score. It seems that in all the history of the WTBTS only three people of the opposite sex who were unmarried to each other ever shared the same apartment at Bethel. They were Rutherford, and two different women during the years he was there (though I'll bet you a steak dinner the WTBTS leadership has made sure any official documentation of that one has long ago been destroyed.). Now I don't know about you, but I don't see how an alpha-male type like Rutherford would share living arraingments with a woman for years and not get a piece of the pie. Since spending a few hours alone with one of the opposite sex is considered By the WTBTS as being presumptive of sexual activity for judicial purposes, then I think it reasonable to make the same presumption with Rutherford.
    Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit