How would a car salesman who needed a gun to rip people off look to others?

by DavidChristopher 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

War? Or "disagreement"? How do you win?

Do you kill all those who disagree? Is it because you are incapable of convincing your opponet to do as you wish, or see things your way?

Can the average person do this to win a disagreement?? Does this not separate people, and keep them from working together?

Is there any positives to killing to win a war or disagreement? Does it mean you are strong? If that is the case, the one with the most powerful weapon is always going to be "right". Correct?

What about PROOF? Or PROVING your case? Is this too hard to accomplish?

Is it because there are people who are in positions of great authority who do not posess the knowledge to do their jobs correctly? Is this the problem?

Any thoughts?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Is there any positives to killing to win a war or disagreement? Does it mean you are strong? If that is the case, the one with the most powerful weapon is always going to be "right". Correct?

There are times when you can be right, yet still be wrong. Who's trying to get you to push the button, Dave? Sometimes, eventhough we might have the power to eradicate our enemy, it's not always to our advantage in the long run, it'll certainly not be in thiers. As long as it depends upon you, be peaceable with all men, was a scripture that has always rung in my head when staring down my adversary.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I found some interesting Proverbs 29 that apply to GW Bush and the way he rules the US and views the rest of the world. And reasons he thought it was A-okay to invade Iraq:

"When the king is concerned with justice, the nation will be strong, but when he is only concerned with money, he will ruin his country." Vs. 4

"A good person knows the rights of the poor, but wicked people cannot understand such things." Vs 7

"People with no regard for others can throw a whole cities into turmoil. Those who are wise keep things calm." Vs 8

"If a ruler pays attention to false information, all his officials will be liars." Vs 12

"If a king defends the rights of the poor, he will rule for a long time." Vs 14

"Arrogance will bring will bring your downfall, but if you are humble, you will be respected." Vs 23

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I couldn't agree more...that adversary could hold some knowledge I don't, and could also be trying to keep me from making a bad mistake I am not seeing. What is going to happen to me if I kill him????? Is that not almost "self destructive"?

Very good point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

much thanks!!!!

Your little brother,

David

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Well, say someone tries to steal your car, but you have a concealed gun. You could let the man take your car after deciding an automobile isn't worth a human life. You could shoot the man before he hurts you or others. You could scare him off, where he might think twice before trying to rob someone else. You could perform a citizen's arrest and let the courts handle the situation.

What are your options if you don't have the gun? You could call the police, but then they carry guns, so that's just passing the buck. Again, you could let him steal the car after deciding its not worth a human life, although the thief may decide otherwise and harm you anyway. You could try to flee, but he might catch you.

Lastly, if the thief knows you have a gun, do you think he'd even attempt to rob you? Is he even still a thief?

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

If he knew God was real, not just "thought", would he still try to steal your car?

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Sure. Only about 2% of people in the United States claim to be atheist. Do you think more than 2% of Americans steal?

In fact, I think the idea of a god that forgives wrongdoing can actually encourage antisocial behavior. According to my atheistic beliefs, I am a supreme being in the universe, along with my fellow man. I'm a spiritual adult, responsible for myself and my behavior. If I had a God, a father who art in heaven, to fix all my transgressions, I could behave like a child, just as juveniles aren't legally accountable for their crimes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit