Tribute to Norm Hovland and Co.

by Vormek2.8 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Vormek2.8
    Vormek2.8

Norm is hands down my favorite XJW writer. I wish he still posted but I guess he's said all there is to say. In case some on this board are unfamiliar with Norm's great work, here's a link to the topics he's started. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/4850/topics/1.ashx

For those of you who have just recently left the org. perhaps you should be introduced to the great Scandinavians who helped many of us.I speak of Norm Hovland, Kent Steinhaug, Jan Haugland. Some chose to forget their work as if they were JW Trotsky's, but I remember. THEY EXISTED!

Bless You all wherever you may be.

• Vormek2.8
    Vormek2.8

edited to allow Farkel as an honorary Scandinavian.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    perhaps you should be introduced to the great Scandinavians who helped many of us.I speak of Norm Hovland, Kent Steinhaug, Jan Haugland.

Yes, great writings.

JW Trotsky's

er...getting listed in one of LL "best of" threads isn't exactly a death sentence, is it? ( see: Best of JanH)

But I agree that it pays to re-visit their threads -- a treasure-trove of info

• Pole
  • sf
    sf

Most excellent! I feel the very same way about Norm's essays and posts here and elsewhere on the net.

Yesterday, I had resurrected many of his finer threads in order that the lurkers, seekers and newer ones could gain some valuable insight, as Norm is one of the best at breaking down the WTBTS bull.

What I didn't realize in doing so, was that bringing up five year old threads disrupted the flow of the active topics page.

I encourage all who read here, whether you post or not, to avail yourselves to Norm's valuable work.

Dos' other guys aren't too bad either.

Thanks Vormek!

sKally

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

nice. thanks. i would have never known of this guy if you had not made this thread.

my dad is norwegian.

TS

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ALL of those posters are well represented in the BEST of series. BTW Norm has popped in from time to time.

When I started indexing the forum I initially started with many of the great posters who have shared their insight and abundant thoughts with us. Which is why there are a few with their names on them.

I soon realized though that this might not be the best way to index the forum because some of them addressed a wide range of topics. So from that point on the indexing has been topic oriented rather than author oriented.

I recently went through all of amazing's posts. If you want an index of his great posts just go to his member link. Almost everything is a gem.

Something of note that I want to add regarding these long-time posters. In the beginning of the apostates on the internet most of the discussions seemed to focus on doctrinal issues - an analysis of what the WTS has taught.

The focus now seems to be much more focused on scandals, cover-ups and the lack of love shown by the org and by JWs as a group. And all the damage that this has done to families and people. It's an interesting shift and I suspect that might be the reason so many of the original posters have moved on. They left behind a wealth of information on dissecting the doctrinal issues. And for that I know I am really thankful.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

As I understand it, the Skandahoovian contingent (2 or maybe all 3 of the gentlemen mentioned) will be well represented at HerLadyships BBQ in Weston Super Mare, UK, this summer!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I had some e-mail-contact with Norm a few weeks ago. He was in the process of translating the article on blood (the big news...), and I offered to help distribute it, when that time came. I haven`t heard from him since, but if he reads this, just send me a mail if there`s anything I can do.Didn`t know your dad was norwegian tetrapod, but yes, now I think I can see it, with all the facial hair. Real viking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit