How do you find exJW groups in your area?

by Eyebrow 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to find out if there are any groups in my area. Where would I begin to look?

I am a little bit nervous, because I don't want to get involved with people who are looking only to berate the Witnesses...but people who are getting on with there lives after leaving. Basically, people with healthy and positive outlook. I was not sure if that was even possible; however, from what I have read on this board it seems that many of you are involved with groups that are positive, not negative.

Please let me know how to find a group!

Thanks!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Here ya is. Actually I just updated the exJWs database, with about 1800 entries. No spamming, please! I understand JahChristian and others have been doing this in spite of warnings.
    But there are groups listed at:
    http://www.exjws.net/meetpeople/
    also try the 1-800-WHY-1914 number.
    Randy

• rodnico
    rodnico

This is kind of off the topic, but on the same one. If anyone knows where to find counselors/therapy/exit counseling. Is there a network of some kind?
    Nicole

• larc
    larc

DogPatch,

On your list of names, could you put in page numbers every so often so that we could go through this in sections at a time? I am on webtv and I can only get part of the html zip file in my machine. I get part way through and then it just stops. I really would like to see the whole list.

Also, could you put in a search function, so that we could search by state or country?

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I have looked at the Exjew site before. But are they any other good places to look?

Thanks for the response!

• soylibre
    soylibre

Eyebrow, I'm in Tulsa, Oklahoma....what about you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit