Be Industrious-Inherit the Promises

by Rooster 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rooster
    Rooster

1 Our study of the Scriptures has revealed to us the many wonderful promises Jehovah has made. But who will inherit these? The apostle Paul, writing the Hebrews, answers: "God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name, in that you have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering. But we desire each one of you to show the same industriousness so as to have the full assurance of the hope down to the end, in order that you may not become sluggish, but be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." (Heb. 6:10-12) Jehovah is the Great Worker and he appreciates work done by us. So Paul reminds us that Jehovah will not forget our work, if it is the right kind of work. There must be industriousness, which means to be steadily and perseveringly active and diligent. If we have been in Jehovah’s work in the past, this is good, but our determination is to continue showing this same industriousness down to the end, because the reward is indeed great.

Many are the benefits coming from industriousness. For those we meet in the field ministry, there is the opportunity of gaining everlasting life. For us who are diligent, there is the assurance that God does not forget our work, that it is not in vain but that we will inherit the promises.—1 Cor. 15:58.

Who needs Jesus? We can work for our salvation.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Who needs Jesus? We can work for our salvation.

The sad thing is that I had some JW friends who have died without ever accepting Jesus into their hearts or putting faith in Him because they believed the diabolic lies of the Watchtower Society.

• carla
    carla

Jw's believe they must work for their salvation and pay lip service to grace. If they must work for it, how much is enough to earn it? How little to lose it? and who keeps track? What if all the files at NY and the hall lost all the hours put in by individuals? How would they be able to judge their salvation?

• Rooster
    Rooster

A funny thing I was talking a few years back to a brother and I ask him "will Jesus ask to see our time cards?" His answer was why yes. I said think about what you are saying. Do you think that Jesus does not know who you are and what you have been doing? Wake up!

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

I can just imagine Jesus and Jah going over time reports and saying... "tsk tsk tsk..."

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

If it is the "right kind of work"
    Does my memory fail me, or is the work Jesus spoke about the kind that can't be written on little slips of paper or tracked by an international system of worship? Wasn't he talking about love and kindness? The golden rule? Wait, that's not good enough, we need to dedicate our lives to doing what the Society says to gain salvation.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

What issues are your quotes from Rooster?

Christians naturally should do good works that follow faith. There's no questioning that in the bible. The problem with JW's is that there definition of 'works' is all twisted, ie, predominantly to them 'works' means offering Watchtower & Awake magazines on a Saturday morning in order to put in a nice field service report and to ensure they continue have the respect of everyone else in their book study group/congregation.

• Rooster
    Rooster

I have the 2002 Switchtower library on CD, So for entertainment I copy dumb stuff that they have published. From now on I will include the magazine info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit