Are Links on this board ok?

by DaveNwisconsin 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

I started thinking last night about when someone puts a link to something if it could somehow do something to your computer. Mine was acting up and I wonder if people from the Watchtower could try to make it unsafe in whatever means to get people like you and I to not be on here. I am not sure when someone puts a link to an article if it could be trouble or not. Am I all phuey or what? Dave

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi Dave

I'm not a techie but I don't think there's any danger in the links posted here other than the usual cookie/adware/spyware stuff which you'll encounter anywhere else.

It has been suggested on JWD before though that you should open a seperate browser window to get to links if you want to avoid the risk of being traced back to this site.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Well I have to say that some of the posts got me thinking. I read that elders or other spy watchers watch to try to catch some of the people that are starting to think for themselves. Then I thought maybe they would try to do something to shut us down,(so to speak). I wonder if they have ever gotten info on anyone on here to dissfellowship them? That is down right dirty.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I'm not sure either,but I think whats bad are things like zip files..LOL you know things you have to download!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit