animals dying

by cousin Z 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cousin Z
    cousin Z

A JW friend of mine said that durning the 1000 years of paradise earth, that animals will still die. He said that they will die to be a reminder that any JW could die durning that time. Is this an official teaching? or something that is not official but implied. Also said that animals died before Adam and Eve sinned.

• Emma
    Emma

I don't think the borg ever taught that animals had everlasting life; I wondered how we'd handle the sorrow at loosing a beloved pet.

• gumby
    gumby

Welcome Cousin.

It's ok if your really a dub and pretending it's "your friend" this is about

A witness believes that man/woman was the only creation made in gods image....hence the only thing that was created to not die.....until sin entered the picture. They also feel Jesus died for man, not animals, as the scriptures are silent on the matter. Since there is no discussion in the scriptures of animals recieving eternal life, most bible believers believe they die just as does the vegetation/tree's he created dies. Dubs aren't alone in this belief.

Gumby

• TD
    TD

A JW friend of mine said that durning the 1000 years of paradise earth, that animals will still die
    Yes, JW's believe and teach this.
    He said that they will die to be a reminder that any JW could die durning that time.
    To my knowledge, JW's don't teach this and never have. JW's have said that watching the animals grow old and die was how Adam knew what death was when "God" told him what the penalty for disobedience was. Maybe this is what your friend was thinking of
  • somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

My cat's not going to live forever with me in a paradise on Earth?!?!

That's it. I'm not going.

Seriously, though, the arbitrary nature of such a statement just makes me roll my eyes at what they presume to "know."

SLM

• Buster
    Buster

And not only that, they will die from old age. No other anmimal will kill them for food. No animal will scavenge the carcass. All animals will have reverted back to their pure, vegetation-eating state. Yup leeches will learn to eat salad. Lions will learn to love squash and broccoli.

The dead animals will either rot on the ground or I guess the humans will have to bury them all.

(Sometimes I get a kick that I used to believe this crap.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit