About the Letter?!

by Mastodon 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Ok, from what I gather, a letter is supposedly being read to all congregations this week (I think?). Can anybody give me a few details about it? I think there was a topic about it a while back, can somebody post the link? I need info about it to prove a point to somebody.
    Thank y'all in advance!

• blondie
    blondie

The only letter we know for sure about is the one dated 1-3-06 and will be read to the congregations at the end of the month regarding the "blood cards" and the being able to give the HLC permission to view your medical records.

Any other letter is a wild rumor with no if little substance that I have seen on this board. Just wild rumors, not even the "original" post alluding to this has been found. It has been rumored that it was in a PM, but not whose and who received it.

Blondie (trying not to contribute to a rumor)

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Thanks Blondie, that's what I thought. It was that 1-3-06 letter you mentioned the one I was refering to. Just wasn't sure when it was to be read. What are the chances that Crooklyn spies report that we have knowledge about it and change the date when it will be read?

• blondie
    blondie
    change the date when it will be read?

Too late, it is already in the KM to be announced the week of 1/30.

I remember when the cards came out with the word "allogeneic." That was the year there were no new blood cards. They had to destroy all of them. That was a song and dance but the rank and file bought it. Only a few knew of the card problem.

Blondie

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Got it. I need to expand on my knowledge of the blood issue, specially with the "no-blood" card issue. Can you direct me to any topic taht touches on how/why the change on that? All I know is taht it felt GOOOOD to destroy mine.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think blondie is right on this one. I'll be at the meeting tonight and find out first hand whats up.

As a side point, isn't it funny how people get all excited when a letter is being read at the KH? There is allways this anticipation followed by dissapointment. We would like to let you know that the "Drwaw close to Jehovah" book is available in spanish. Wow, I really needed to know that.

• undercover
    undercover
    The only letter we know for sure about is the one dated 1-3-06 and will be read to the congregations at the end of the month regarding the "blood cards" and the being able to give the HLC permission to view your medical records.

I remember seeing where some congregations in the UK had some new blood cards that allowed you it sign where the HLC could view some medical records.

Has it been confirmed that that is what is happening with the US cards as well?

• TheListener
    TheListener

I haven't heard anything yet that there is a letter being read other than the 1/3/06 dated letter from the WTS.

The 1/3/06 letter doesn't discuss the HLC needing to see your medical records (U.S.) and it doesn't specifically state that there will be new cards issued this year.

However, last years instruction specifically stated that the new DPA/AMD cards were valid indefinitely and gave specific instruction as to when a publisher would need to fill out a new one.

The KM article discussing the blood video (same night as letter will be read) doesn't discuss handing out new cards either.

• steve2
    steve2
    As a side point, isn't it funny how people get all excited when a letter is being read at the KH?

It's kind of sad that the most exciting things JWs have to look forward to in their meetings are "special" announcements that have already been programmed well in advance and that have been thoroughly aired on the internet even prior to the programming.Talk about the "faithful" being the last to hear!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Forget to mention that last tuesday the meeting went by and yes, no letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit