Feeling homesick and a bit down

by Ticker 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Ticker
    Ticker

I moved to the city a few months back and all was well for the first while but now I have been really missing my old home. This meaning I really miss my house and my yard. Of course I can't go back any longer as I have sold my former house and property. It's hard to explain but I really do miss the house I used to own and have alot of memories their from raising my children in its walls. My whole family really had a connection with the house and beautiful yard and we never realized just how much we would miss it. I actually feel some regret over selling it and wished I still owned it. It's like the old saying 'you don't realize what you have till its gone'. It feels worse at times when one dwells on it and it can be very saddening. The city just doesn't feel like home, now I know the feeling of homesickness. I feel lost sometimes knowing I can't have it back and remember the precious memories I enjoyed in that house with my family. You know if I could reverse what I did somehow, somedays I would gladly go back to my old home.

Just wondering if any else here has ever felt this way and if it is something that will fade in time or something one always feels a bit of regret over. Im hoping some comments from people who have felt similar feelings may encourage me.

Ticker

• acquittal
    acquittal

Dear Ticker,

I understand your feelings entirely. As everybody does, I guess, who ever lost something (-body) precious.

For me it is even a sad situation to throw an old pair of jeans away or an old bag. I used them for hours, weeks, months and years. And then all of o sudden they are gone. How much more must you feel homesick!

When relatives or good friends were overtaken by death, I can tell, this is for me the hardest pain I ever had in my life (I never had a house).

Anyway, you are homesick right now and I wish you the closest friend as near as possible to you: TIME.

You will see, if you find time to cruise with your bike around your new territory tomorrow, you will find sooner your new home nicer and familiar than ever. Everybody, who moved to a new home, needs at least the four seasons to settle with the soul.

Be patient, please and enjoy your deep feelings for your old home while you look around in your new home. You are so human! And this is great.

Ciao,

acquittal

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

(((Ticker)))

I understand how you feel. I felt similar when my parents sold the house I grew up in and moved away to Washington. Even though I didn't live there with them any longer, it made me feel sick to even drive in the area knowing it wasn't our home any longer. But time has passed and it's been about 6 years now and doesn't bother me any more. I hope it gets easier for you too, I hate that feeling of homesickness. I feel for you......

MIS

• Ticker
    Ticker

Thanks for thoese replies, It is difficult but I guess I have to remain possitive.

it made me feel sick to even drive in the area knowing it wasn't our home any longer.

This is so true, I won't even drive by my old house. I can't bear to see it any longer.

Ticker

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((((Ticker))))))

I know how you feel!

Where I grew up is now gone, all the land was sold to put up apartment buildings.

I still dream of there and this is 20 years latter crying out loud! But it does get better.

You know...where ever you go...there you are!..LOL

I hope you feel better soon.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My heart is still for the West Indies. I miss our Vesta, our maid, who loved me for who I am.

Other than that, I've been able to let go of the all places I've lived, celebrating their memory but allowing myself to move on.

Maybe it's really true, that home is where the heart is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit