Reproof and "discipline"

by maxwell 4 Replies latest jw friends

• maxwell
    maxwell

So I had this not quite random idea come into my head today. Most JW, ex-JW are familiar with the fact that when someone is reproved they may be given some other "discipline" such as being prevented from commenting at the meeting for some time. What do you think would happen if someone rebelled against their "discipline"? Say the person raised their hand and attempted to comment. What if the elder forgot that the person was being "disciplined" and allowed the person to comment? What if the person visited another congregation far away and got in a comment and somehow it got back to the home congregation elders? I wonder what would happen. Just curious. Anybody know? :)

• kid-A
    kid-A

It would be like violating the conditions of your parole, and if the JC found out, it would most definitely lead to complete disfellowshipping.

• delilah
    delilah
    I agree with Kid-A.....they'd view it as rebellion, and I think they'd DF a person for that.
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yeah, you would be DF'd without a moments notice. I would make it a good comment, cause it would probably be the last one you make. Something to the effect of:

"I have to go to my stanic apostate ritual now, See you all in the New System"

then walk out doing a "silly walk" like on monty python flying circus, thats my idea.

• blondie
    blondie

A sister told me this a few years ago. She had been on restrictions for about 5 months. She was back looking at the information board and noticed that she was scheduled for a talk in 2 months. Hmmm....she talked to her husband to see if the elders had said anything to him. Nope....so she approached the overseer who said "I though you were off restrictions" she said, "After only 5 months." His face went white and he said he had to take a minute. He ran over and talked with the 2 other brothers on her JC and kept looking at her. Then then all came over and told her that they had forgotten to tell her. BTW, they never sat down and talked with her about it. Just bingo, she gave a talk after 7 months of restrictions. Not quite knowing the appearance of the flock, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit