For the food we our about to eat...

by Ellie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

It seems odd to me that people thank God before eating, thanking him for providing the food, because it seems like common sense that if he provided us with this food then he failed to provide all the starving people with food too.

Does anyone else agree?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I agree there is a certain logic to your reasoning

• Dune
    Dune

Thats just one of those things.

Like, supposedly going to a convention protects you from anything bad happening, yet if someone gets killed on their way to the convention, does that mean that God's spirit wasnt with the organization or with that person?

What i find saddening is all those people who were long dead in the 60's and 70's from starvation, when they could've been helped, but the WTBS decided that the end was just around the corner and that they'd all be saved...Hope they still arent waiting.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sad though this may be, that people are starving, it is not God's Spirit and influence that reigns in this world, for the time being anyway.

• anewme
    anewme

Once when I was a young struggling and poor Pioneer Witness and driving a wreck of a car I got for $200,
    another sister offered to take me out in service in her shiny brand new car that she went on and on about how Jehovah had given her the car and how grateful she was and what a splendid God he was to be so generous to his lowly servants...(on and on ad nauseum)

This blast of gratitude from this obviously oblivious sister really erkked me until I went to the old wise sister (98 years old) I visited from time to time for help understanding deep spiritual matters.
    This treasure in human form never let me down.

She quietly sat through my complaint and angst as I begged why would Jehovah bless her with a brand new beautiful car and me the lone pioneer in the hall with a trailer trash wreck?

"It is never inappropriate to thank our heavenly father for the things we have"

My eyes were opened to how appropriate it was for this woman to rejoice. And how I too should thank God for everything good in my life.
    (Of course I could be ALOT MORE GRATEFUL if.....)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit