Anyone send this link to a JW?

by AuntieJane 6 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Just wondering if anyone has sent this website to a JW and if so, was there any positive response? Or, did anyone receive a link when they were a JW and if so, how did you react?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes. I told crazies where to find it. He hasn't been to an entire meeting since and is now talking to his parents and they are now researching (not to defend, but to discover). His wife is also determined to leave. This has been in just over a month.

AuldSoul

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Awesome! I'd love to pass it on, but not sure just yet.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

I would absolutely love to send a link for JWD to my inactive, unbaptized JW boyfriend, but as uninvolved in the WTS as he is, I know that the second he saw this website, he'd write it off as "apostate" or whatever and just assume that the whole forum is made up of people trying to undermine the WTS and give it a bad name, and he'd do that without even reading a single post, I know he would. He gets offended when I mention something about the WTS that he hasn't told me (meaning that he doesn't like me researching on my own, despite the fact that I am a non-JW), so I can only imagine how he'd react to this forum.

I think I'll definitely show it to him someday, but not just yet. Maybe if (or should I say, "when") our relationship goes sour because of the WTS, I'll give him the link and tell him to read some of the threads here, they're real eye-openers.

-Becka :)

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Hi Becka, how did your Christmas go? I hope you don't waste too much more of your life with a JW who boldly tells you hates Christmas. Truly, how can you love someone who has no sensitivity toward your feelings? Sorry, didn't mean to come off so harshly but I'd seen your first posts (my daughter dated a non-baptized JW too...dated, past tense)...and as a "mom" I can't help but give you my opinion!

Think about it. The only reason to date someone should be to see if they are the one you'd want to spend the rest of your life with. He has already shown himself to be insensitive to what you are all about. And he wants to have sex. How nice. He's playing with you, imo. You sound way too sweet and caring to lose these precious months, years of your life to someone who has stifled his sensitivities due to cult-teachings. I pity people like him, but have come to realize most of them don't know how to get out of the thinking they've learned and in the meantime they just hurt others who care about them.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

i sent this to my big brother (never was baptized but thinks its the "truth" yadi yadi ya) and he supports me in whatever my decision is anyway. I actually sent him a direct link to some of my posted topics just so her knew exactly where I stood.

He was espcially surprised to see:'"stilanexjwelder" name. He was like "Whoa! There ex-elders on here too? I thought it would be just so called inactive ones and what not."

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Good for you Stilla. Being strong and outspoken is the best approach, in my opinion. You give me encouragement to do the same.

AJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit