Letter from Mom Part 2

by jonsey 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• jonsey
    jonsey

Below is the letter I sent.

Dear Mom,

I have been wondering how I was going to respond to your letter. I had it set my mind that I was going to reply to each paragraph. It would basically be a defense letter to what you are trying to say. What I am saying is that you are my mother which I dearly love. With all of our faults I love you dad and Rick…no matter what. The “drifting was my decision and not your fault” It was a decision I made and not because it was something I wanted to do that the Society said no to.

I am heartbroken that you beat yourself up and point to different directions as to why this has happened. Grandma, Dad, Rick, or you had nothing to do with it. Grandma taught me how to bake Apple Pies and get to know who’s who in the congregations. Rick taught me that it sucks to be left being and for that I and very sorry. I could have been a better big brother. Dad…what can I say…the man can carry a whistle tune trough any type of traffic. Mom you have always been there up or down…when I injured or when I am celebrating. You were the one to keep me grounded and bring reality back to me. I am a people person just like you. I will always be that way.

I could blame some of my decisions on the congregation at the time. Again, what would it do? Would it change going to another congregation? It would not. There was so much fallout that you have no idea. If your conscience needs to be clear…then remember this…it was my decision and you need not blame yourself on bad parenting. As to the mistakes that we made because we were imperfect…Is that not the reason that

My actions at my last visit were sincere. I wanted to see Grandma and took Rick to lunch downtown. When has that ever happened? by ourselves for that fact. I saw 2 girls from school…so what! It was not my primary goal. It was to see you and dad. If my language was foul…why did you not say “Not in My House?” I thought that was petty. I did not think I was vulgar in anything I said. I am for sure Susan would have said something to me if anything.

Your letter…as I was reading…and to me it was that you were closing a chapter in your life and moving forward in what you believe in your heart. I encourage that wholeheartedly. You have moved on with the congregation family. As for my arms…they are still open to you, dad and Rick. As long as I am still breathing…my love for all of you will never cease to be.

As to the decisions that you have to make…I know the rules that the society has set. I don’t envy you or anybody that has to make those decisions with regards to family members. Do what your heart tells you to do.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

nice letter, though a bit of a tear jerker....

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Nice. You really put it back on them if they choose not to associate with you. You definitely took the high road, and they can never say you were defensive, disagreeable, or argumentative in any way. I know a lot of posters would want you to hammer them with the 'truth' about the truth, but it would have probably fallen on deaf ears at this stage. Maybe the calm approach you have taken will provide you an opportunity at some later time. What it is the FDS always quotes? "An answer when mild turns away rage".

Hang in there.

• jonsey
    jonsey

Texan and Edge...Thanks

I love my parents and my brother and the first couple of drafts were the type of offense-defense type letter. Life is short as it is. I I want them to know how I feel and will feel for them for the rest of my days. I will be on a cruise next week with my wife and 400 fellow mobile DJ's, Photographers, and videographers. This trip is a needed thing for me so that I can unwind a bit. Again, I can't thank this board enough for being what it is and the support that I have been given in such a short period.

Mike

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Isn't it a big shame that religion should bring families closer, not drive wedges in them. Its too bad that the JW's can't accept any religion but there own cult?

• LDH
    LDH

Mike,

check your pm

Lisa

NY Circuit 21 Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit