Persecution for Praying In Jesus' Name

by RevFrank 8 Replies latest jw friends

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."(MATTHEW 5:11)

A chaplin in the U.S. Navy has been denied his right to pray in Jesus' name. Jesus Christ Himself spoke these things in Matt 5:11. This info you will not read in the news media, because the media as approved abortions, gay rights,

On KLIN radio station out in Lincoln Nebraska has been reporting that a USN chaplin has gone on a hunger strike and refuses to wear the USN chaplin uniform until he has the right to pray in Jesus' name.

will be continued.........

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Can you put a link in for us? I went to the KLIN website (www.klin.com) and nothing was mentioned about it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

On KLIN radio station out in Lincoln Nebraska has been reporting that a USN chaplin has gone on a hunger strike and refuses to wear the USN chaplin uniform until he has the right to pray in Jesus' name.

Why would he protest for receiving a blessing?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

A chaplin in the U.S. Navy has been denied his right to pray in Jesus' name.

That's shocking, and absolutely disgusting. What he does in the privacy of his own home is his own business. If he wants to pray to Jesus (or to Satan or anyone else), he has the absolute right to do so, on his own time.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow! That's Amazing!!!

Did they follow him into his home and restrain him so he could not pray?

Did they arrest him when he tried to talk to people about Jesus on the streets of the city?

Did they follow him and restrain him so he could not go into a private church and worship and pray?

Did they monitor his home Internet access and block his communications about Jesus?

Did they monitor his personal cell phone and block conversations about Jesus?

Did they monitor his television viewing so and block television programs about Jesus?

Did they catch him at a restaurant trying to pray over his food and then restrain him so he could not?

Oh, wait! Silly me!

You are talking about a guy who tried to use taxpayer-funded facilities to impose his own religion onto others!

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

The USN has told him that he must prayer a jewish prayer and isn't allowed to pray in public in his navy uniform, as chaplin

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The USN has told him that he must prayer a jewish prayer and isn't allowed to pray in public in his navy uniform, as chaplin

I find the Jewish Prayer thing very hard to believe. Regarding the Uniform thing. I agree with the finding. So long as he is in the uniform and serving as a Chaplin he is acting as a representative of the US government. So long as he is acting on behalf of the government the government can impose any restrictions on him they want.
    "Whoever pays the bills makes the rules." This is why I would never join the military and why I would never join a religious organization.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a strange story and it sounds like the JWs who are mostly outside the christian covenent and pray to jehovah. Is the top officer there a Jew?

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Ever since the military was established and the U.S. Constitution was placed, when one joins the military, as chaplin one must verify their religion. This was a christian Navel Chaplin. So when the military has a shortage of chaplins, those who are that chaplin at that post may not, choose, not must substitute as the counselor of that religion not take the place for that religion.

And the uniform that stands for the branch of military may be supported by that chaplin. What the USN is saying is as long as that chaplin prays as in, "Jesus' name," in public, that chaplin will not wear the uniform.

According to the information I receive, and it's basically reliable, it's before the President and has been for a week or so, who has not done anything about this, as of this writings.

And in my opinion this, "Political Correction, " issue has gone too far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit