no one snatched out of who's hand?

by mdb 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mdb
    mdb

Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.” (John 10:25-30)

Those who are saved are in who’s grip: Jesus or the Father? In verse 30, Jesus says that He and the Father are one. Have you ever contemplated the two previous verses as to who’s hand we are securely in? Jesus is claiming His deity here.

While we're at it, who's Spirit dwells in us who believe?

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. ( Rom 8:9-11)

• Shazard
    Shazard

Well it is no problem for us - christians - but it is problem for JW. In first it is God's Hands and in second - God's Spirit! Father and Son is God and still they are not each other and there are no meny gods. Actually... sometimes thinking about trinity is eazy if you thing about word "God" as a material. Everyone who is made of this material is God and is ethernal, omnipotent, omniscent etc. And enything wht is God is creator of universe. God is not title, God is substance, material, nature... loving, creating, good nature which brings to reality what it says!

• SallySue
    SallySue

Jesus said it all when He said, "I and my Father are One."

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am not a JW but I don't believe in the Trinity. Yes Jesus is the owner of the earth and mankind because his Father gave it to him as a reward and an inheritance. He is of godly status above all creation but still God is his head.

• mdb
    mdb
    He is of godly status above all creation but still God is his head.

I posted this recently. Maybe you didn't read it or it's possible you read it with your mind already made up.

Read the account in Gen 17:1

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.

No one can see God's face and live. (Ex 33:20)

But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.”

If this is so, who was this "Almighty God" that appeared to Abraham. There is only one Almighty God, that is YHWH (Jehovah).

I agree with you on this point: God the Father is the head, and Christ the head of man, and man the head of woman. That is Scriptural, but Christ is far more than of having "godly status". He is divine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit