DID I MISS THE LATEST "BIG NEWS"?

by juni 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juni
    juni

Whatever happened to the big news that we were to hear about? Or did it deal with the new Blood Cards? I'm confused. Thanks for your replys. Juni

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Whatever happened to the big news that we were to hear about?

I saved $600 on my auto insurance with Allstate, not Geico.

W

• juni
    juni

Good for you W. But I do like the little gecko. I believe I found my answer w/a posting today on the new info about their new stance on blood and torts. Juni

• Rooster
    Rooster

Chapter 3

How

Long Will the Present System Last?

IT IS only natural to want to know how long it will be until the events so vividly described in the Bible and that culminate in Armageddon take place. When will the present wicked system be destroyed? Will we live to see the earth become a place where lovers of righteousness can enjoy complete peace and security?

Jesus Christ provided remarkable details that answer those questions. He did so when his apostles asked: "What will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?" With regard to the actual destruction of the present wicked system, Jesus plainly said: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:3, 36) Yet he did describe in considerable detail the generation that would see "the conclusion [Greek: syn·te´lei·a] of the system of things," the time period leading up to "the end [Greek: te´los]." Read it for yourself in your Bible at Matthew 24:3–25:46, also in the parallel accounts at Mark 13:4-37 and Luke 21:7-36.

As you read these accounts, you will realize that, only in part, Jesus was describing events leading up to and including the destruction of Jerusalem and its temple in 70 C.E. It is evident that he also had something more far-reaching in mind. Why? Because at Matthew 24:21 he speaks of "great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again." That calls for much more than the destruction of one city and the people trapped in it. And at Luke 21:31 the events described are said to point to the coming of the long-awaited "kingdom of God." What is the noteworthy "sign" for which Jesus said to watch?
  • FairMind
    FairMind

Rooster, Jesus said it and I believe it. Problem though is with those who try and predict dates for the GT to begin (1914, 1925, 1975, etc...). Truth is the end could come soon or it could be after our lifetimes.

• stillajwexelder
  • stillajwexelder
  • juni
    juni

Thanks for your help stillajwexelder (if I have it right). That is all good info and it did enhance questions I had had about the need for bldg. in DUMBO district if printing is going north. Boy things are changing.

What I was referring to was the news about the new Blood cards and paperwork to be filled out. And where different blood factions can be taken ( but be willing to accept the consequences). I didn't get an answer from PMing Barb A. So I really don't know what qualifies as the big news that was to be released.

Juni

• DIM
    DIM

the big news wasn't very big as far as affecting "true believers" in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit