Jesus condemns the wt

by Satanus 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jws always throw the challenge that no other religions preach door to door. However, they forget what jesus said about feeding and clothing poor people. Many churches give away food, clothes, fridges, stoves, vouchers. You just have to be in need, and they give, no strings attached.

Mt25:34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;
    35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
    36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.'
    37 Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink?
    38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing?
    39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?'
    40 And the king will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.' nrsv

Since the wt does not do this, discourages members from doing it, and criticises churches for doing it, what would jesus say to them? Here are jesus' words to the wt society:

Mt25:41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;
    42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
    43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'
    44 Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?'
    45 Then he will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.'
    46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." nrsv

Amen.

It's especially appropriate at christmas time.

S

• Honesty
    Honesty

That is how many people recognise the WTBT$.

Just as Jesus said:

You’ll recognize them by their fruit. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes or figs from thistles? In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a bad tree produces bad fruit. A good tree can’t produce bad fruit; neither can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that doesn’t produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So you’ll recognize them by their fruit.

Matt 7:16-20 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I never understood this selfish spirit, myself. It just seemed wrong.

After time though, you grow numb and lose feeling for 'worldly people' . You learn to turn a blind eye to their suffering. Most witnesses that I know despise the world and it's inhabitants, which stands to reason since the WTBTS has been telling them for years that the world is to be destroyed as 'wicked'. Why love them?

It's twisted logic. I don't think that most people would go out in the 'field ministry' unless they were forced to. None that I ever knew said it was out of love for the people.

Jean

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Good post Satanus.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Good point Satanus. It always killed me how the JWs condemned the Salvation Army, a religion that gives to the poor, yet these same JWs had no qualms about buying cheap suits from the SA. Hypocrits....

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    Good point Satanus. It always killed me how the JWs condemned the Salvation Army, a religion that gives to the poor, yet these same JWs had no qualms about buying cheap suits from the SA. Hypocrits....

Lol...I've always said the same thing. They will not support (in fact, it is a df'ing offense to support ) the Salvation Army or the Red Cross, but I'll betcha that JW's in New Orleans would have gladly accepted support or supplies from them. How is that right? Good post Satanus. The JW's twist the 'do good towards all, but especially those in the faith" as they twist all scriptures. For one thing, they forget all about the 'do good to all' part. Aside from preach, they would rarely lift a finger towards those 'not of the faith', regardless of their need. And I know from personal experience after personal experience that they will rarely lift a finger to help those IN the faith unless they can count time for it somehow. What a crock - but remember, they are 'known by their love for one another'....how I want to puke every time I hear those words....

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    Since the wt does not do this, discourages members from doing it, and criticises churches for doing it, what would jesus say to them?

But they do encourage it, very much so... as long as the phrase "the least of these my brothers" is taken as a reference to themselves.

• gumby
    gumby
    Many churches give away food, clothes, fridges, stoves, vouchers.

Satanus......ya scripturally rusty ol' bastard!

Doncha know Jesus said "to the extent you feed and cloth my brothers......you did it to me" ?Christendom ain't his "brothers"..........cuz the annointed are and there's only like 8,000 of em left and most of them I know ain't hungry and most of em have a buncha clothes. There's no need to help anyone else fer cripes sake! Sheesh!

Gumby

• oldflame
    oldflame

The reasons why they don't allow their members to donate to other groups is because they want it all for themselves.....Damn bunch of greedy bastards..

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Brother Franz wrote extensively about how 'house to house' didn't have to mean door to door preaching but could mean that they ended up going to people's homes for more bible discussion after they had established a contact previously. Usually the record in bible talks about Jesus and the apostles meeting people on the road, in a market place, synagouge, etc.

JW's feel that the way they are helping the brothers of Christ is by going out in service. ?? I'm sure Jesus @ judgement day is going to look @ real physical things like he mentioned. I'm not convinced there are any real annointed brothers in the governing body now. Since Brother Franz and company left, I doubt there could be any left. I sure don't feel it when I read the literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit