The God Who Wasn't There Movie?

by Balsam 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• Balsam
    Balsam

I just ordered this movie, I watched the trailer for it was intrigued. Have any of you seen this film?

I am curious of what others thought of it. The Jesus Seminar is represented in it. I get the 4th R magazine representing religious literacy.

• startingover
    startingover

I got it when it first came out. I really like it, especially the ending. It contains alot of thought provoking information.

There are quite a few interviews on the disc you can access. I found those a little disconcerting as they were overlayed on the original movie. I found the visual and the memories of the movie it recalled took away from the interview.

There is another movie coming out 6-6-06 entitled The Beast by the same guy. You may find this discussion board interesting: http://www.community.thebeastmovie.com/

• Balsam
    Balsam

Thanks Startingover,

It sounds very interesting to me and I am looking forward to getting it. I've read the book "The End of Faith" and found myself agreeing with the author. I know many people find these types of books and discussions really challenging because of their faith in the bible. The Beast movie sounds interesting too. I'll check out the discussion boards for it.

Balsam

• Balsam
    Balsam

I got this movie today. I think it is excellent, and it has another 1hr of extended interviews and I would recommend it to everyone especially those who believe the bible to be literal and true.

Balsam

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I saw The God Who Wasn't There the other day.

I think it was excellent and I highly recommend it.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Interesting film. The maker and director was traumatized by religious fears orginating in his childhood that he may have committed the sin against the Holy Spirit of which there is no forgiveness. He lived in abject fear of hell fire which obviously tormented him in the extreme.

The ending, to me, was very powerful because it reminded me of my leaving the Watchtower. I really felt for the guy and I'm glad he got past the horror that plagued him for so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit