Can you help me tweak my press release?

by Madame Quixote 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

<div>I've left off my private info, but wonder if any of the press-releasing pros can help me tweak this? Puhleez? Thanks, if you can. I would like to refer to a specific mirror site in my press release. Can anyone send me to it, please?

I know it's a little late, but I doubt that anyone locally has bothered with this. I've been trying to find ex-jws locally and can't find a one. I doubt there are any activists here, so, I'm going to go ahead and start distributing this to all of the local news outlets; and maybe I'll just post copies of the press release at coffee shops here and there. Anyway, here is the text:

Jehovah's Witnesses Fearing Damage From Their Own Words, Receive Large Settlement

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, (WB&TS), parent corporation of the Jehovah's Witnesses, has accepted the terms of a $100,000 law suit against a whistle-blower website, operated by Peter Mosier in Canada.

Mosier's Watchtower Quotes website, formerly available for perusal by the general public was found at:
    http://quotes.watchtower.ca, until Mosier was forced to close down the site as part of the settlement terms.

Mr. Mosier does not admit any error on his part, and states that he had little choice but to settle with the Watchtower Society, due to the prohibitive costs of continuing to fight the multi-billion-dollar organization in court. Consequently, a number of "mirror" sites of Mosier's Watchtower Quotes are popping up around the web, in response to what his supporters view as the hypocrisy of the Jehovah's Witness organization.

In his own press releases regarding the initial law suit filing, Mosier points out that the "Society" has fought for freedom of speech on behalf of Jehovah's Witnesses for decades; however, now that the internet is available to expose previous Watchtower fallacies, the WB&TS prefers to quash accurate dissemintation of its own words. Mosier maintains that his site contains "their own printed words," directly from WB&TS literature. He says that the website merely "documents years of their failed prophecies, constantly changing Bible chronology, flip-flopping doctrinal changes, bizarre medical advice, and dogmatic teachings that many consider physically and emotionally harmful."

Apparently, using quotes from the Witnesses' own literature, and displaying it on a public website was emabarassing to the organization, as suggested by Mosier's quote from paragraph 31 of the WB&TS own court filing, available at :
    http://www.pressbox.co.uk/detailed/Legal/Jehovah_s_Witnesses_file_100_000_suit_to_Silence_Embarrassing_Whistle-blower_Website_36319.html

</div>

• Mr Rocky
    Mr Rocky

This sounds pretty good. However it sounds as if the Watchtower got their $100,000 from Peter. I don't believe that was the case. So if I am right you might clarify that point in you press release. If you want anymore help for me just Pm me the actual press release. I am not much on spelling or grammer but am pretty good at content. I don't see much else wrong with it. I might like to forward it on to some of my contacts in the press too.

• Mr Rocky
    Mr Rocky

You might also get into contact with Peter to fill in the particulars as to accuracy of facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit