I want to go back to 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

by hubert 6 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Well, I'm not having a good day, for the first day of 2006 !

If this is any indication of what my life will be like this year, I want no part of it. I will probably get a massive coronary before the year is out.

I'll start with this morning...(I'll try not to make this too long).

After church, the wife and I decided to go to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. We each order a "number 4", which is a sausage egg and cheese on a croissant, with a medium coffee. No biggie to make, I figure, seeing there were 6 employees behind the counter. I pay the bill $9 and change, and get the two coffees, and the wife is sitting down already, making a phone call. I let her borrow my cell phone after she promises not to lose it.

so, I wait, and I wait, and watch as two people make sandwiches and give them to the drive thru customers. I figure I'm next, anytime now. After about 10 minutes, and 6 sandwiches later, the wifey comes up, and asks me what's taking so long? So I explain that there must have been a lot of people in the drive thru, because they got all the sandwiches. Now, the girl that waited on me and to whom I paid the 9+ bucks to, asks me why I am still waiting at the counter! I told her I am waiting for the two number 4's that I never got. Now, I am fuming, and the wife says, "This is ridiculous, let's go somewhere else. I told her I already paid for it, and she says, "I don't care, Let's leave anyway, without the sandwiches!" LOL !! She is usually a super patient person, but not when it comes to service like this.

I had to try to calm her down, and get her to wait for the sandwiches, which I finally was able to do. The "donut crew" was getting worried. Anyway, she vowed (out loud) to never come to this Dunkin Donuts again.

Now skip forward to tonight, about an hour ago....She goes into a Stop and Shop market to get a few items, and seeing how I HATE to shop, , I wait in the car and listen to oldies on the radio. After a few minutes, I notice there is a Dunkin Donuts in the S and S, so I figure I'll go in, and grab myself a coffee, bring it out to the car, and enjoy a French Vanilla hot one, while I listen to the radio.

(Last paragraph).... I go to the counter, and there is 2 people behind the counter, and one person standing in front of the order counter, with her shopping cart "double parked" across the front of the counter window, and they are all standing there with dumb looks on their faces, and the woman is holding a $100 DOLLAR BILL !!!!! So, I wait and wait, then finally, in a LOUD voice, over the shopping cart, I say...."I'd like a medium French Vanilla with cream and sugar! So, the girl says, "Uhhh, okay", and goes and makes me one, and puts it on the counter. Now, I am waiting for her to tell me how much it is, and there is no response! (DUH) So, finally, I yell out, How much is the coffee??? and she wakes up, and says $1.71, so I slaps two bucks on the counter, and walks away, all this time, with the woman still holding the hundred dollar bill, waiting for a manager to come and tell her it is okay for her to cash it for a f#@#ing two dollar coffee!

So, that's where I'm at right now. I have to go out again in a few minutes with the wife to pick up her sister, and I am almost afraid to go. If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, call the local hospitals, or morgue and see if I'm there.

Thanks......Hubert

• JH
    JH

Just put your 2005 calendar back up !!!

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

Hi Hubert

Mmm, not a good day really, although is that much stress over a couple of coffee shop orders really worth it?

Maybe the people that served you had an extra hard party night on New Year's Eve and are a bit hungover.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That made me laugh, Hubert! I know it wasn't funny to go through, though!

Are there any Starbucks around you?

I know, though....there are Dunkin Donuts everywhere in the Northeast!

• hubert
    hubert

Whew! I made it! It's ten past twelve, so we are in day two of 2006.

Okay, I feel better now.

Hubert

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Wow Herbert! I did not know there even existed a Dunkin Donuts anymore. And to hear they make SANDWICHES. Where have I been. Sorry your first day was so bad. Tomorrow is gonna be better, just stay away from them Dunkin Donuts.

Have some fruit instead. Bet they don't have that. Or a salad. Do they still have the massive brown donut on the roof?

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

A Similar thing happened to me not to long ago....I walked into Honey Dew Donuts one night after work and waited at the counter to buy a coffee. The person behind the counter was talking on their cell phone. I was the only customer there, he sees me and keeps talking. Well I waited patiently for about 3 minutes and then I start to walk out, as I was leaving, He yells out " can I help You? " So I yelled back, " There are too many other places that serve coffee "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit