The JW New Year

by Thirdson 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Another year past and still the ‘old system’ continues. What do good JWs think today as 2006 rolls around? In October-last we saw the 6000th anniversary of Adam’s 30th birthday. We are more than 5 years into the 3rd millennium. A number of JWs stated that they couldn’t see the ‘system’ lasting 5 years beyond 2000. What do you think now? How many of the old-timers were buried last year not seeing the ‘promise?’

Now look at the WTS itself, downsizing the Brooklyn Bethel, reducing the Awake to monthly issues, paperback Bibles and books and regurgitating the same old stuff week after week.

If things don’t look too good, take heed, it’s your own fault, just remember do more and give more and stop asking questions.

Happy 2006

3rd

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and let's not forget the yeartext for 2006 "Obey God rather than imperfect men..."

• wombat
    wombat

I recall finding my (now-ex, sadly) wife sitting on the bedroom floor in tears back in '73.

She was folding our babies winter clothes for storage as summer was approaching.

When I tried to comfort her, she said that she was crying because our babies would never get to wear them again. We had just left the org.

And now I am yet to find a JW of that time who will admit that they expected the Big A to come in 1975. Not even my own brothers and sister who sucked me into this disgusting cult.

My 88 year old mother is determined to live to age 97. That will be 100 years after 1914.

That's when this cruel, lying organization will split into schisms.

She just so much wants to see it shrivel up and die.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I think a lot of JW's see 2006 as the year that armageddon will come

• wombat
    wombat

Just curious DannyBloem.....any special reason that you know of ? Maths or Signs. Or is it just the perrenial hope ?

I just love their foolish talk and love any gossip you can pass on.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Just curious DannyBloem.....any special reason that you know of ? Maths or Signs. Or is it just the perrenial hope ?

I just love their foolish talk and love any gossip you can pass on.

No, they think that EVERY year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit