rock solid

by lonelysam 8 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysam
    lonelysam

hi there, does anyone have any rock solid arguments that cant be 'dodged around' by the JW's, i still go to the ocasional meeting (about every month or so) just to keep contact with my friends, (i know its crazy) but if i was to ever tell them how i feel does anyone have any good things to start with? like the whole UN thing that happened? and an easy way to exsplain it? thanks so much for your help

lonelysam

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Hi Lonely and welcome to the Forum.

The UN has been a conversation starter for sure. I started one like this "Did you know that we were members of the UN? crazy huh" but my suggestion would be to let it happen as natural as possible. When an oppurtunity arrises and you feel confident ease into it. If you get marked as an independant thinker with a dangerous mind, you may only get that one shot. So take is as slow as you feel the need to.

Slowly revealing a little Watchtower past gets some to thinking too. I know I was shocked to learn that Bethel used to celebrate Christmas and so many changes have taken place. No need to win any arguments until you are ready to be marked or disfellowshipped, that is a big step.

Continue in your research and learning for personal growth and you will see doors open up to share what you discover. Love~Kate; apostate from the WTBTS, never from God.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here are two of my favorite

If the Society does not claim to be a *real* prophet; a true prophet - then wouldn't that mean that there isn't *any* actual prophet on earth today? The only other source of prophets would be "Babylon the Great," wouldn't it? Isn't the Watchtower Society the only possible source of a real prophet? But if they deny being such a prophet, then wouldn't that mean that there isn't one single prophet on earth today? (Don Cameron)
    **********************************************************************************

Let's see if I have this straight. The Governing Body "takes the lead", we are repeatedly told. The Jehovah's Witnesses do not follow men, only God, we are even more repeatedly told. So, whom does the Governing Body lead? If they have no followers among the Jehovah's Witnesses, where do they have followers? Do they lead an empty procession with no people in it at all? What kind of leader has no followers? (Robert V Frazier)

• lonelysam
    lonelysam

thanks so much guys thats a big help, ive pretty much already been labled an ''independant thinker'' only because i said we all are equal, (meaning equal to the elders) isnt that what jesus said? maybe im wrong, anyway thanks once again.

lonelysam

• heathen
    heathen
    i said we all are equal, (meaning equal to the elders) isnt that what jesus said?

I think jesus said something like , he that would be great amongst you must be as the least . In other words humility is greatness .

I think a good start would be ," wasn't Rutherford a false prophet because he said millions now living will never die in the 1930's and most are now dead ? "

Jesus said ," flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom " doesn't that mean that we must be born again of the spirit in order to inherit the kingdom of the heavens and it is not just talking about the 144k?

You could get down and dirty with the UN thing . Didn't the WTBTS condemn the UN as satans institution in opposition to the kingdom of the heavens but in 1991 signed an agreement to uphold the UN chater mandate and to co operate with the whore of babylon in order to show support for the UN ?

• Legolas
    Legolas

How about the shares they own in a company that makes engines for war crafts or the shares in a company that makes cigarettes!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    ive pretty much already been labled an ''independant thinker''

Congratulations! (Though I doubt they actually meant it as a compliment) :-)

Dave

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi lonelysam.

If you bring up the UN situation you may find yourself talking to the elders and being labeled as an apostate. Be careful.

• lonelysam
    lonelysam

thanks again that will help alot, that is if i can get the guts to say anything, and yeah i can see myself being labled an apostate, im actually seriously contemplating getting a tattoo for the first time, you know what i want it to say? one guess....

''apostate''

Rite accross my back, i think that would be rather awesome.. hahahaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit