Spreading False Rumors

by KSJordan 5 Replies latest jw friends

• KSJordan
    KSJordan

I remember when I was a child we had dogs. Anyway, this "annointed" person spread this rumor that we were sleeping with the dogs and worshipping their pictures. I have also read in the Awake that the WTBS frowns on pet ownership. This person also gave my mother child rearing advice when she had never raised children.

• Jools j
    Jools j

why did this 'this "annointed" person' want to spread rumors about your family?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

JoolsJ, I'm not sure about the specifics in KSJordan's case, but it was fairly common for those who owned pets or got involved in things like horse or dog shows to get a lot of backlash from others in the congregations.

While the WTBTS would mention the "joys" of pet ownership, the warning was always given that pets could hinder us in serving Jehovah wholeheartedly and JWs should try to refrain from owning pets.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I know lots of JWs with lots of pets...and never heard that it was discouraged. Only that the 'cost was counted' and tbat no one took on too much responsibility, be it pets, career or kids.

Maybe that person was one of the alzhiemic annointed.

• larc
    larc

Hi folks,

I seems to me that they are against anything that takes up any time whatsoever. Just a simple think like a cat is a good example. You could use the money spent on cat food and kitty litter to make a larger contribution at the kingdom hall. The time spent in the care and feeding of your cat could be spent in the service work. This theme permeates their literature. Anyone who took them literaly would have a very sterile life.

Of course, the ideal witness in their view is someone who did nothing but go to meetings and from door to door. Sex should only be consumated when you plan to create a new publisher.

• Lindy
    Lindy

Not that I am arguing with you because I am not, but in all the years that I was a JW I don't recall anything negative about pet owning nor do I recall any article written about owning pets in a negative way, either Awake! or Watchtower. We as children had lots of them and as an adult JW we I have had pets form A to Z and never heard a negative thing about them. Lots of JW I know have tons of pets.I even showed cats on weekends a couple times a year, and never got any flack...but then no one thought much about me one way or another since I got to the point that their counsel was ignored by me in my last years amoung them. Where is this article?

As far as that "annointed one," I would assume that they were just a busy body who wanted to have control over others, and "thought more of themselves than necessary". These kinds of people are everywhere, not just in the "Organization". They should be ignored irregardless of their "titles" which also included "elders", "COs", and "DOs", and "pioneers", "elder's wife", etc.

I even showed cats on weekends a couple times a year, and never got any flack...but then no one thought much about me one way or another since I got to the point that their counsel was ignored by me in my last years among them.

Sorry for your bad experience...BTW, welcome to the board.

Lindy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit