Do you Trust Yourself?

by Maryjane 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

Since I left, I've had a hard time making decisions and I keep to myself a lot. I feel like if the WTB&TS was able to dupe me, then I'm liable to get duped by someone else. I don't think I totally trust myself and I don't trust others either. I'm way more paranoid than I used to be. Is this "normal" when exiting the organization? I bought a book called "Being Logical" trying to re-train my brain to think!

• serendipity
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yes, I took my burning by the Watchtower as a wake up call. I don't let just anybody feed me information, and I don't take what they give me without running it through a few filters first.

I rely heavily on motive to see if people are telling me the truth now. Why would a guy I work with tell me about his ankle hurting all week, if it didn't? On the other hand, if that same guy tells me how much he loves his new Amway shampoo, I may take it with a grain of salt. Especially if I see a catalog and an order form on his desk.

On the whole, individual people aren't out to mislead you. Keep your eyes open, but be reasonable and play the averages.

Welcome to the real world!

Dave

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Good topic.

Yes, I do trust myself, and even more so since leaving them. My eyes are wide open to everyone around me which causes me to be less trusting. I mean that in a positive way. I feel safe using my brain and trust that it'll guide me in the right directions in life.

My decisions are based on what is best for me, and not what is best for appearance's sake. My obligations are to myself and no one else... & that goes for any religions, too. No one has to walk in my shoes but me, so I better do what's right for these size 7's!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

i trust myself more nowadays - but only as far as I can spit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit