Life is a journey, not a destination....

by DavidChristopher 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I met a girl in the bank today and she shared that with me. Turns out she was a mechanic in the Army, and knew more than me probably about diesels!!! Too cool..Her name was Dina. It was a really good day. I went to the body shop and got out my CBR 600, and went riding, visiting all my friends, at Kia, and Tri county Ford. Now I have got to fix a friends dodge dakota(AC compressor). I had a wonderful day today.. Execpt I failed getting Dee Dee some pain pills for her back pain. I told her I would talk to the doctor, and explain the situation to him, and see if he could show her some mercy and help her. She says no, because she ran out from giving her aunt some of hers to help her with her Multiple Scorosis. I am confused as to why that is "wrong". She will not let me ask him either.

any ideas?

• kls
    kls

Not sure what is going on ,been gone awhile but maybe she would not mind ,nor would the doc for pain patches . They work great !!

Glad you had such a nice day and you know , it really does suck that just having a nice day has to stick in ones mind ,but it does because most time those days are few and far between.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Mine keep getting better and better....I have never felt so good in my life. Makes me wonder what tomorrow will bring? will it get even better? How long will it continue? will I ever reach the "destination"? I truly hope not. Then it wouldn't get any better, it would remain the same.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hey, Brother Dave.

If Dee Dee is still a JW or is one who holds herself upto JW principles, she's probably feelin' a little guilt trip will do her justice down the road of life. Sharing prescription drugs is a misdemeanor offense, if I'm not mistaken, and can get the right people in a bit of hot water with the authorities.

Somethings are just taken to extremes however. If a friend was dying of a heart attack and was in need of transport to a hospital, I'm not a licensed driver, yet my best friends vehicle is available, do I wait the two hours until an EMT shows up in the sticks, somewhere in Iowa, or do I cross the boundaries of the law in order that my best friend might continue living?

Some people, especially among Jehovah's Witnesses, do not know where a little reasonableness associated with common sense, and flagrantly and irresponsibly breaking the law comes into play, or how to deal with the situation so that it does not offend how Jehovah may view the situation.

" I've given over my pills so that someone else might not suffer as much, but now's my turn to suffer. If I was doing the right thing from the begining, I wouldn't have given up my meds in order to assist someone else. Oh well, this will just have to be my punishment. "

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

If I was going to punished for something, that is what I would want to be "punished" for. When I do, I, don't know how to describe the emotion. I feel closer to our Father. I feel like I am doing the "right" thing. And it makes me feel good knowing other before me went through the exact same thing. I also know how our Father felt about them too.

Dee Dee has never been a JW. She was raised catholic. But we both have strict mean parents in common. And we really relate on this level.

• prophecor
    prophecor

There's often a vast difference between doing what is right vs. doing the right thing. Doing what is right leaves no windows open for balance or adjustment within sits that are blurred with grey areas.

Doing the right thing often leaves room for checks and balances that doing what is right does not. Sometimes, you can be right,... so right, and still be wrong in what you're doing.

" Mercy, tempered with Justice " Not the other way around.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I try to think of how Jesus would handle the situation, That gave me a better understanding of who He is. DOING it blew my mind away. It exposed all the"wrongs". If you ever feel someone is demanding too much from you for their own personal gain....Ask them if they would like for you to wash their feet for them! talk about fireworks!!!! I am speaking from experience too. Ask Rick. 502-664-5009 or 502-955-4011 He would be glad to share what kind of person I am. LOL He would also like to sell you a car. He really likes money. And HE has all the answers. Call Him.... oh.. Rick Gaskin is his name.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

wait a minute....How far can this go. My friend Matt, is working "under" him, as the mechanic. He is trying to tell him what to do all the time, and trying to keep him from getting to know the customers he works so hard to please. It really bothers me. I have shared things you have all shared with me, to help him defend himself the "right" way. Could you help me find out if this is in fact true, and Why He is trying to get Matt to go deep into debt he cannot afford? I am sure he has a good explanation for his actions. Can you call him tomorrow? But remember, I really like Rick too...I just don't like what he is doing to little 20 year old Matt. And would like Him to stop and think. If He won't give you any answers, Could you ask John Ramsey the "senior partner"? Who I also care very much for. Thanx friends!

Your humble little brother,

David

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Upon giving this some deep thought, I think it would be better to see how Matt handles this "challenge" on his own first. Please forgive my presumputoeus request.

Your little brother,

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit