Who are the "Great Crowd" according to scripture?

by truth about the last days 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth about the last days
    truth about the last days

I have found out something intresting in relation tto the "Great Crowd" Rev 7. Who are the "Great Crowd"? I will post tomorrow and have fun. Keith

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

The great crowd are the non-jews who accept and believe in Christ. The 144 000 are the jews that accept and believe in Christ, but this number is not literal. The passages simply say that a lot of people, both jews and gentiles, will accept and believe in Christ. It`s no big mystery.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I've come to believe the great crowd is people from every tribe, tongue and religion. People who are beating their swords into plowshares (for peace). I don't think they have to have accurate knowledge or be a Christian, just good hearted people. The kings and priests on the other hand, I believe have to be christian and baptized. Just a guess from my recent research.

• M.J.
  • yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I believe the Great Crowd may represent all those saved, whether in heaven or on earth, that have a righteous standing before the throne after the tribulation spoken of in Revelation is concluded. The 144,000 represents those who go to heaven only, the holy ones that get to rule with Christ, although this number is not literal. So the 144,000 is a kind of sub-set of the Great Crowd. It's just my idea though.

Sorry for not replying back sooner! I have been so busy with my Bible knowladge i just got carried away. Now to the answer for the question. Well, Rev 7:14 does say that these people do come OUT of the Great Tribulation, so seeing that the great Tribulation has not come yet, no one today can say that they are the great Crowd. I got some older bibles off of Ebay as early as 1803, and in them it states not Great Crowd but great multitude comming out of the Great Tribulation.Which does lead to another question. According to scripture,does anyone know when the Great Tribulation will be here?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

No matter who they are - the Jw Kingdom Interlinear tells us they will not be on the earth as Jw's teach.

The literal translation in the Interlinear says of vs 15; "Through this they are in the sight of the throne of the God, and they are rendering sacrad service to him of day and of night in the divine habitation of him, and the one sitting on the throne will tent upon them."

This is a key verse that they twist to support that this group will be earthly, yet all along the Interlinear shows it to be heavenly.

Hmmmmmm.

As to whom they are - that is another issue.

Jeff

Hi, all. Now to the answer of the question" when will the Great Tribulation occur". Still looking at Rev 7, in verses 16+17 it does state that the Great Crowd (or multitude) (after comming out of the Great trubulation) will "hunger no more nor thirst no more...And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes". This is the same as Rev 21:1-3 "and God will wipe out every tear from their eyes and death will be no more.....The FORMER things have passed away". Seeing that death is to be the LAST enemy (before Jesus hands back the whole Kingdom to Jehovah (1 Cor 15:24-28), the end is when death is no more. Saten is to be the second to last "enemy" to be compleatly destroyed. And he cannot be destroyed until he has been let "loosed for a little while" Rev 20:3 and verses 7-10. So, with all this scriptual evidence, the Great Tribulation will occur near the end of when Satan has been let "loosed for a little while" Once Saten and death have been compleatly destroyed, everything will be handed back to Jehovah, and then the Resserection of the righteous ones that have been written in the "Book of Life" will take place so everyone existing at that time will have everlasting life. But they can only have everlasting life by continuing eating from the "trees of life" and the "waters of life". Rev 21:6, 22:1- which will not be a problem seeing that we may bathe and swim in the rivers every day. And if we do think about it, Satan will give all he has got seeing that this will be his LAST TIME to mislead those ones living at that time. (ones living from the 1000yr period and the ressurection of the unrighteous ones) For it does state that the "REST of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ENDED" Rev 20:5. So, ALL earthly resserections are to occur AFTER the 1000yrs. During the Great Tribulation, all faithful ones will be killed, and all "half hearted" ones will be captured in case they may change their minds at the last minuite-which will be instant death. Once all the faithful ones have been killed, Saten and all his loyal ones will be destroyed- or just returned back to the dust and with Saten put in the Abyss.This is why the King of the North and King of the South will play their part at this time. See Dan 11:44+45 and Dan 12:1-3. And, as a final note, everyone has to die that has been written in the "book of life". We have to enter back to the ground in order to be ressurected as a perfect human. See Rev 20:12+13 and 1 Cor 15:35-42. In this sense this is how people are saved. All faithful ones recorded in the Bible have died but they also have been saved by their future ressurections.This is how the ransom sacrifice of Jesus takes place. His perfect dust that he sacrificed is kept secret on this earth somewhere, ready to be activated by Jehovahs Holy Spirit so that the "New Earth" can be formed. Then the ressurection of the righteous ones will occur. All the best, keith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit