Assembly Dissembling

by zack 7 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

Just a thought or two from Riche's Assembly

There was a talk about "Loyalty to God"-- they numbered off things that were paramount displays of loyalty. Number 4 was giving money to the WorldWide Work--- no strings attached.

The other things were giving your talks at the Ministry School--- going to ALL THE MEETINGS, being OBEDIENT TO THE ELDERS! THey really hammered the obedience to elder thing at this asembly. My guess is that many are NOT obeying the elders. Havingknown many an elder and having seen first hand how they reason, how they think, and knowing how unprepared they are to do either, it is no wonder tht many are NOT obeying the elders.

As I was listening to this talk I could see clearly for the first time--- SEE AND HEAR FOR MYSELF---- that the last refuge of the scoundrel is religion. Telling people that not cleaning the toilet at the Kingdom Hall is an act if disloyalty to God was simply beyond the pale. They really beat people up over the the most insignificant of things--- things they do not budge with their fingers.

The light is beginning to shine.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

(Matthew 23:13-28) 13 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in. 14 —— 15 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen´na twice as much so as yourselves. 16 "Woe to YOU, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is under obligation.’ 17 Fools and blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gold or the temple that has sanctified the gold? 18 Also, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is under obligation.’ 19 Blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he that swears by the altar is swearing by it and by all the things on it; 21 and he that swears by the temple is swearing by it and by him that is inhabiting it; 22 and he that swears by heaven is swearing by the throne of God and by him that is sitting on it. 23 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but YOU have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was binding to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel! 25 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean. 27 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In that way YOU also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

AMEN!

Let's go take their toys...

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I wonder about the part of giving money to the worldwide work with no strings attached. Do you suppose it was to reprimand anyone who tried to donate money for disaster relief--like Hurricane Katrina?

• greendawn
    greendawn

What they really mean by loyalty to God is loyalty to the Watchtower, and as you mentioned they are playing clever mind games to get people to do what they want done, such as cleaning the toilets, so as not to be disloyal to jehovah.

Obviously they themselves are not loyal to jehovah as pointed out above they are like modern day Pharisees they talk a lot and do nothing to help despite the billions that they are worth.

• zack
    zack

No strings attached donations is the mantra fromthe Society as of late.

Send us you money and don't tell us how to spend it! Yes, they don't want anyone earmarking money for disaster relief-- or anything else. They have told the congregations that they know best in how to use these funds and how earmarking only hamstrings them.

I guess they knew best when they spent 360 million dollars on new state of the art printing presses with a life cycle of 30 years. Yes 30 years! Don't send your kids to college, just sens us their tuition insead.

Z

• blondie
    blondie
    OBEDIENT TO THE ELDERS! THey really hammered the obedience to elder thing at this asembly. My guess is that many are NOT obeying the elders.

Isn't obedience to the elders dependent on their "guidance" being founded on the Bible. If it is not founded on the Bible, should Christians obey them?

(Acts 5:29) 29

In answer Peter and the [other] apostles said: "We must obey God as ruler rather than men.

(Romans 6:16) 16

Do YOU not know that if YOU keep presenting yourselves to anyone as slaves to obey him, YOU are slaves of him because YOU obey him, either of sin with death in view or of obedience with righteousness in view?

Blondie

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I'm pretty sure at least 3 out of those 4 things are nowhere explicitly found in the bible - they're just man-made rules. And they are supposed to be proofs of loyalty to God ????? WTFK!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit