territory

by SomeGeek 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SomeGeek
    SomeGeek

Simple question: How is territory defined?

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

got me there........??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Goodnight everyone.....Jehovah willing....see you in the morning

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

If you're asking what I think.. then the elders in the area define it with a map, not only in distance but in how many publishers.. and there needs to be a roughly balanced number of elders, servants, pioneers etc in each congregation. I know this as in our area the congregations territories have all been changed, and then changed again when they realised they were all out of balance. Then they draw in the lines and make cute little maps to hand out for you to work!!

Poppy

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

if my cat pisses on it,it's his territory!

• greendawn
    greendawn

If my dog pisses on it it's his territory.

• shark attack
    shark attack

IF YOU CAN KILL THE CURRENT OWNER IT'S YOUR TERRITORY!

• Confession
    Confession

Some Geek, do you mean, "How is territory determined?" In my experience, the Circuit Overseer is usually in charge--but works with brothers throughout the circuit to draw the lines and print the maps.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

In my experience, territories are defined/divided by population, the number of people that live in a city, town, village. Does this help ?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

When I had this assignment it was divided up as far as population. Of course, this was a very rough estimate - I didn't go so far as to look at city GIS maps or anything. I had knocked on every door in the territory so I had a good idea of what could be covered in a given amount of time. But I certainly didn't define the territory ONLY by population. Other things had to be taken into account, such as walking or driving access. I allowed for a variety of territories, some with lots of dwellings and some with less because then I could reccommend a certain territory to a brother or sister depending on what they wanted to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit