Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?

by zagor 7 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

Who is it, indeed?. WTBS claims it is them. Fair enough, lets have a look at those words from Mathew chapter 24 once again. And here they are from New World Translation.
    “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

Well did you notice something along with appointment came stern warning. Let me highlight it for you again.

“But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves …. the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

Really, something to ponder upon don’t you think WTBS?

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Zagor,

You know this prophecy was given as one in a series about the coming of Christ and the resurrections that would take place at that time. And when Christ does come it will be visible in the flesh as promised in Acts 1:11. From all this we know that this prophecy is still future and has not been fulfilled.

When this prophecy takes place the faithful slave will be resurrected or changed to enter the kingdom as Christ’s bride over which second death has no authority. The evil slave will be cast out of the faith they pretend to embrace and they will be judged along with the Nations. Their judgment will be dependent upon what they were as human beings and if they fail this simple test and do not qualify as sheep, they will be considered goats and perish as such a time. Seeing as how they mistreat their fellow man in this world there is little hope that any of them will survive our Lord’s return.

Joseph

• belbab
    belbab

Zagor,

Who is the faithful and discreet slave ??????

That was, is and always will be a Question

If you put an answer to it you are wrong.

If you leave it as a question you are right.

I just realized something as I read your post. The evil slave says the master is delaying. The faithful slave does not say he is delaying.

The Master is always Coming, He never ceases from arriving, coming,

Jesus Christ, the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow, always prescent, always arriving.

Happy are the ones, that hear him knocking, hear his voice and keep following.

belbab

• zagor
    zagor

No I think you guys are misunderstanding the point I am putting across.

WTBS always quotes part of being faithful and discreet slave but never quote second part that comes with the warning to that slave should he start abusing his power.

Like in the case of QUOTES website or myriads of other occasions where "sanctity of an organization" had to be preserved at any cost even if it meant destroying your life and lives of your family.

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

The problem there is, you're assuming they will admit to abusing their power. Hell, my mom even denies they they ever claimed a date for Armageddon, even though they have a pile of times.

• atypical
    atypical

Yeah, I was visiting another congregation, and during the watchtower study the conducter said, "there was a time when some witnesses tried to say the end was coming, what year was it, I don't know, maybe 1975? they sold their houses and then tried to blame the society."

• Benjamin Belial
    Benjamin Belial

Hahaha! Yeah, "some witnesses." It was only in all their magazines...

• zagor
    zagor
    Yeah, I was visiting another congregation, and during the watchtower study the conducter said, "there was a time when some witnesses tried to say the end was coming, what year was it, I don't know, maybe 1975? they sold their houses and then tried to blame the society."

LMAO, unbelivable. I used to know some of those old folks who had done it, sold everything and went into pioneer service. These new generation sucker-elders don't see further from their noses. Fu$$@ing idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit