Have JW's condemned their people to death?

by sinis 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

This was touched on in another thread but after reading the requirements of the New Covenant, I believe since the witnesses do not partake they have no hope. The Mosiac law was a contract between Jehovah and the Isrealites. If they obeyed fine, if not, they broke there end of the bargain. So Jesus comes, ends the old law but institutes a New Law or New Covenant by saying that the new law would be written on the hearts, and would not be overally burdensome. His only stipulation for binding the contract was to drink the wine and eat the unleavened bread and reflect upon your sins and how his shed blood and body covered these. This reflects nicely with the old law. Under the old law the Isrealites had to atone for there sins by means of animal sacrfices. Yet, jesus in the temple yells out to the people that his father wants mercy not sacrfice, or a needless shedding of blood. So the mercy was extended once for all time under a new sacrifice, namely the Christ.

This is at least how I see it. I have been contemplating partaking of the new covenant for the simple reason that I do not believe it is a seperation event (annointed/other sheep) as jehovah knows who he wants to rule in his governement, but rather the new covenant is simply what it says - a new means of having your sins forgiven or atoned for. So I wonder, if one does not partake have they in affect condemned themselves by the simple fact that they have not "signed" that binding contract between them and the christ? Thus no benefits under that contract. I think it is one thing for some bumkin tribe in the middle of no where who has never heard of christianity to be "forgiven" for not partaking since they did not know. However, if YOU know of something and do not do it you have sinned (in relation to this topic), right? So are the witnesses condemning there members and yet the ones they speak against (catholics, etc.) have actually a better stance with the christ for accepting this new covenant? Any thoughts?

So if baptism is an event that starts a clean slate so to speak then participation in the new covenant would mean that you are keeping this slate clean and thus you are spotless before the Lord, right? Whereas, if you do not invoke the new covenant than you are basically piling your sins up and I wonder if prayer is enough for forgiveness? I don't think it is or jesus would not have instituted the new covenant. Jesus gave many examples where he forgave peoples sins - so if you partake of the new covenant, is this how your sins are forgiven?

Sorry for the rambling, just want to see what others think or are doing with regards to this topic. As I said earlier I DO NOT believe the "memorial" is only for the "annointed".

• Honesty
    Honesty

No one actively involved with the WTBTS/JW cult can have a relationship with Jesus because the Governing Body is their mediator. This includes any of the so-called 'annointed ones' or '144,000.'

If anyone does not accept Jesus' free gift of eternal life in His presence He is not going to force it on them.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jehovah's Witnesses are condemned to a "living death" that even George "Night of the Living Dead" Romero could not have imagined.

Just as in Romero's films, the organization feeds on fresh living brains.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

John 6:53 - So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you;

Matthew 8:11 - I tell you, many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, (why not 144,000)

Matthew 23:13 - "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you shut the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither enter yourselves, nor allow those who would enter to go in.

The New Covenant is one of blood, love mercy and GRACE in heaven. Love~Kate

• reaper
    reaper

I totally agree with this thread. My wife runs a Therapy Clinic and has 2 JWs as patients (they come even though they know who we are). Today she stuck her neck out and told them that Jesus was NOT their Mediator. The husband got all defensive, but the wife said she would check up on it. My wife told them that the Society says it, not so called Apostates.

I really believe that this one doctrine is the one that can rock the boat of the average JW, because they just do not know about it. When I was an Elder back in the mid 80s I actually asked a prayer through OUR Mediator Jesus Christ, and was taken to task by another Elder over it. That did not sit well with me, but it still took a number of years for us to get out. Thankfully we now know our Lord and Savior Yeshua our King. I wanted to partake of the emblems for years. Now we do as BA Christians.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If the R&F JWs are not under the New Covenent why do they call themselves Christians? They might as well be Jews or Moslems. The whole essence of it is that the believer can receive the Holy Spirit and become a son of God as Adam had once been. And if you are a son of the householder you are also an inheritor, if you are not a son you are just a servant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit