A Simple Faith.....

by Shining One 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/justlook.html

Anyone can appreciate these facts. Less pride and more humility is all that is needed.
    Then check this one out:
    http://www.christian-thinktank.com/wtpgmm.html

Rex

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Less pride and more humility is all that is needed.

no thanks Rex! i did that for 28 years already. you want exJWs to trade in their brand of self-defeating "humilty" for another version of it? that'll be the day.

whatever.

rex, let me put it this way, regarding humility. you're a god, and you don't even know it. you deny it. what would your impression be of jesus if he insisted on not being your god, but that he was trying to be humble and to serve something greater than himself? he wouldn't be that great in your eyes, would he? well, that's how i see you, and people who are more concerned with being humble than taking a bite out of the ass of life.

TS (of the antichrist class)

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Tetly,
    I remember when I was 28. By that time I had learned that I did not know it all. When might you reach that point?
    Rex

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

hmmm.. I guess some never learn.. I'll be 50 this year and I don't want your brand of humility. been there and done that.

Sherry

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Rex,

What do you imagine is to be gained with an article like the first one you listed? A man's friend writes, "There are so many religions, I can't see going through them all..." and the friend responds, "But it's so simple! Just join MY religion!"

Jesus said he was the way, and this guy agrees, so his friend's search is over?

Dave

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Gretchen,
    What is 'my brand of humility'?

AA,
    It is that simple. It has always been that simple. The events of Calvary and the resurrection have always been proof enough. All of the wagging tongues and intellectual chatter after the fact are irrelevant.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit