Medical emergency, while at work

by MsMcDucket 3 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My husband called me at work to tell me that he was in extreme pain (He is handicapped.). I was the charge nurse at a medical facility and the only RN on duty, so I couldn't leave. I was unable to reach my oldest daughter, so I called the twins (the ones that are shunning me). No one was returning my calls. I do work the night shift and it was about 3 a.m. I was getting desperate. I called my husband to see how he was doing, and he said the twins had called! I tried reaching them again. They didn't answer their phones. So, I called my oldest daughter again, and she finally answered the phone. I told her what was happening, and she said she'd get right over to the house. I called home, again, and my daughter answered the phone (I thought it was the youngest.). I said, Heather, have your sisters made it over there, yet? My daughter said "Mom this is Lauren" (One of the twins). I couldn't believe it! They didn't have the courtesy to call me and tell me that they were going to check on their father.

Don't you think that this is down right disrespectful? And I can't even think of all of the other terms that come into play! I was just incredulous? You would think that they would call me to tell me that they were going to check on their dad!

It ended up being that a medication that he had taken caused him to have a sickle cell-like crisis. He doesn't have sickle cell; he has the trait. Anyone, that has sickle cell knows how painful that this can be.

This shunning stuff is a *&^%!

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hi, MsMcDucket-

I hope your hubby is feeling much better. I don't have Sickle-cell, but I personally have had friends amd relatives of friends die from it.

I feel for you that no one informed you of the fact that they checked in on your husband. People can often be cruel without even knowing it. The Dubs who have DFd relatives do all of that shunning, as though you hurt them, when really they are the ones causing all of the hurt.

Be strong.

Brian

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

It's a dub thing. This is the sort of behavior I see from my sister.

I'm not convinced that it has anything to do with inactivity, though. Maybe it does. I think they see our inactivity as complacency and selfishness and lazyness. Why else would we leave 'the truth' (unless it's to become a lying, theiving, drug-addict whore??)

They act so surprised that you wouldn't just KNOW that they were there taking care of business - as usual - the only ones with any common sense and brains.

Ha!!

I hope your husband gets to feeling better soon.

-Aude.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

One of the issues I've always had with the shunning is the outright rudeness in the name of religion.

Maybe time for you or your husband (whomever has the best "relationship") to have a talk with the "children" about respect.

(((( Ms.)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit