You can say "hi" you know

by Mysterious 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

So I'm home for a break and my mother comes in to my room to have a serious chat with me. She tells me that two young people from the congregation I went to that Im related to are now living in the same town as my bf and she tells me I might see them up there and she wanted to warn me. I pretty much looked at her blankly and said um ok why would you think that was so important. And she said she wanted to make sure that I knew I could say hi to them, that it was okay...I gave her the blankest look. God. I wasn't even baptized and she is trying to make some big deal out of me not being shunned or something.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I share the pain and frustration. I have had similar conversations with my mom. Soon, parents will be having conversations like that about me...

[Montgomery Burns] Excellent!

• Panda
    Panda

I'd ask mom "hey Mom what if they ever say I can only say HI to you, should I follow that lead?" And these are relatives of yours? When some of our friends kids were df'd I still talked to them. Good grief I always wondered what kind of parents would stop raising their kids because the congregation made that decision???

• Panda
    Panda

I'd ask mom "hey Mom what if they ever say I can only say HI to you, should I follow that lead?" And these are relatives of yours? When some of our friends kids were df'd I still talked to them. Good grief I always wondered what kind of parents would stop raising their kids because the congregation made that decision???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit