Canadian JW stats- decline

by serendipity 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• serendipity
    serendipity

This link reports an 8% decline in JWs in 2001, from 1991. It would be interesting to compare the WTS figures for Canada with this article's.
    http://www.speroforum.com/site/article.asp?PagePosition=1&idcategory=33&idsub=134&id=2243#commentstop

According to the 2005 WT service report, there are 109K publishers. I guess counting methods between the two surveys differ.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I remember the WTS reported a 1% decrease for Canada once, in the 1990's, but I'm sure that's the only decrease they reported here during my stint as a JW. Most other years they reported little, if any, increase.

Considering all the thousands of people who got baptized since I first joined them in 1983, the congregations seem to be getting smaller. Book study's in the 1980's had between 20-30 people attending. When I left 2 years ago there was rarely more than 8 people showing up at a bood study. Sometimes we had as few as 3. Twenty years ago our congregation covered its territory every 3 months. When I left territories were getting covered every 2 years.

W

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

But this refers to a census, does it not ? And that is something quite different from what a Year Book states. The number of people considering themselves JW is larger than what the publishers' figures from the YB is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit