Movies - XJW Style

by inbyathread 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Do you have any favorite movies that you view differently now as an XJW? I have just recently viewed the musical "The Man of La Mancha" But now so in so different light. In the beginning of the movie a statement is made to the effect that "only the church can read and interprept holy scripture."

Boy! sounds like the WTS stand that no one can understand the Bible without going to their meetings and reading their books and magazines.

Another movie line is about purification through blade or flame. The spanish inquisition was feared by all, within and without the church. Speaking against the church was punished by death. Is not the present day JC tribunals not the same. Who can honestly say that they enjoyed going to their JC.

Fighting the giant in the movie certainly symbolizes the fight we have with the WTS today.

Are there any other movies that you have seen where the symbolism has changed for you?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

These have been made into movies, but the books are better:

Animal Farm and 1984. Apply these to living in and for the Society! Wheeeewwww!!!

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Thanks, haven't seen Animal Farm but I did see 1984. Oops! I don't think I was allowed to see that one.

Just rewriting my own history.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Not really. Still Tombstone. Followed closely by the Kat Hepburn, Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart classic The Philadelphia Story.

Huh? No, why? I SAID, no! I don't see any problem with both of those being my favorite movies.

No dissonance here, folks. Move along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit