CHILD SACRIFICE.

by Blueblades 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Child sacrifice was never God's idea, the prophet Jeremiah quoted the Almighty as saying. He never commanded it, nor did it even enter his mind for worshipers to do such a horrible thing. Yet the ugly practice arose among professedly religious people in the Old Testament times. Self-appointed spokesmen for the Deity commanded that a child be consigned to the flames, and faithful followers obeyed. Jeremiah 32:35 New International Version. "They built high places for Baal in the valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters...though I never commmanded, nor did it enter my mind, that they should do such a detestable thing...."

How far have we come in the twenty-five centuries since Jeremiah's day! Or have we? Rev. Jim Jones, Jonestown sacrificed the children and adults, some nine hundred People's Temple followers willfully sacrificed themselves!

David Koresh of the Branch Davidians sacrificed their children's lives along with their own!

This was BIG NEWS! Reorted live on national and international television and radio and the papers.

Jehovah's Witnesses, Governing Body, has caused the deaths of more children (and more adults, too) than Waco and Jonestown combined.We never made the same headlines. Our victims died quiety, one at a time.

The faraway reality of JW's dying for lack of blood does not intrude on the average witness. Hopefully that will change big time in the near future.

Blueblades, ( note: Most of the above information can be found in David Reed's book " Blood on The Altar".)

• jstalin
    jstalin

Didn't god command Abraham to sacrifice his son? It seems as though that's the first instance of such an idea in the bible, so the idea came from god - even though it wasn't carried out.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi jstalin! Yes he did,Issac was an adult not a child, but it was to him not Baal. And as you noted, it was not carried out. However the sacrifice to Baal was carried out and small children sons, and daughters were the ones sacrificed.

Blueblades

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Wasn't that just a test to see if Abraham would actually do it?? If I'm thinking of the right Biblical story, then Abraham prepared his child for sacrifice and was ready to do it when God intervened and said that it wasn't necessary. It was just a test to see if Abraham was loyal and willing to do whatever God commanded, and when God saw that he was, He stopped the sacrifice.

I don't think that God would consider child sacrifice an appropriate form of worship. Children are gifts from God and should be treated as such.

As for JWs and the whole blood issue, they somehow manage to take great pride in the fact that they are willing to sacrifice themselves and their children for "the Truth". I've seen pictures of the issue of their magazine that had pictures of children who had died from the lack of a blood transfusion on the cover, with a headline that said something about how they died for their beliefs and for God. Somehow, that really doesn't seem like something to be proud of to me.

God doesn't want us to die senselessly, He wants us to live, and to me, dying because you refuse a blood transfusion based on an organization's rules seems pretty senseless to me.

In my faith, I believe that donating blood is a beautiful gift to help others, as are organ donations, and I am a card-carrying blood donor and organ donor. Deeds like that, giving blood and organs, will help save countless lives. Now that's something to be proud of.

-Becka :)

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I think only a sick minded person like Moses would think of such a scenario. Mose had three thousands of people put to death for worshipping a calf but spared his brother who made it.

Moses killed these people to appease his God Jehovah. Does that sound familiar?

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

And child sacrifice still goes on to this day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit