More Bird Stuff

by Bendrr 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I guess y'all read about Peckerhead. Well, the little critter's still coming around when it gets hungry. Starting to think it's a he now, don't ask why. Oh and he's spoiled rotten! Turns up his nose at crickets! Takes a cricket and tosses it on the floor and then pecks hard at my hand to get the mealworms. And yeah, Peckerhead gets what Peckerhead wants....I can't help it, I got a soft spot for critters. Everyone else at the shop just loves him, too. He'll fly to the first person he sees if I'm not around, and they all know to go to the top middle drawer of my toolbox for the worms. Come to think of it, so does Peckerhead.
    So I'm not going to try and relocate him. He's flying good now and not dependent on me, just comes in sometimes for a free meal.
    Yesterday I went to the pet store. Peckerhead made me enjoy birds, so I decided to adopt one a little more domesticated. I got a baby gray cockatiel.
    Named it Hannibal Bendrr. (yeah had to get egotistical, but if you can't name your pet after yourself THEN you have a problem!)
    After the first molting, I'll find out if the name fits or if it's a chick. (ha ha bad pun)
    Seriously though, he (I'm assuming male) is so sweet. Has to be on my shoulder all the time.
    I'm letting him listen to the police scanner during the day, maybe he'll learn to talk. Cockatiels can talk from what I understand.
    mike.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Bendrr,

I never read about your first bird. But good for you on selecting a cockatiel! I grew up with one of these. He was exceptionally alert and sensitive to everything going on. Very friendly, landing on your head or on your shoulder, loved to spend a long time there with you. Also he picked up little words and phrases!

Have fun with this creature. He/she should reward you for many years.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Bendrr,
    I love birds. I have two little Parrotlets. They are so much fun. I enjoy watching the wild birds. They do seem to have quite the personalities.
    I wish I could see peckerhead. What a wonderful bird you have.
    It's a priveledge to have a bird visit and claim you as theirs.
    RC

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks for the update.

Glad that Peckerhead is free. He deserves to have his freedom - but he obviously loves you, or he wouldn't be coming back to see you!

• Jools j
    Jools j

great you have a new bird. good that peckerhead encouraged you to adopt one.
    but let's hear it for hamsters! i adore my little furry bundle. (and before your minds go into overdrive i mean the hamster!!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit