Jesus

by lime05 8 Replies latest jw friends

• lime05
    lime05

The second stage of Jesus’ life course was here on earth. He willingly submitted as God transferred his life from heaven to the womb of a faithful Jewish virgin named Mary. Jehovah’s powerful holy spirit, or active force, ‘overshadowed’ Mary, causing her to become pregnant and eventually give birth to a perfect baby. (Luke 1:34, 35) Jesus inherited no imperfection, since his life came from a perfect Source. He was reared in a humble home as the adopted son of the carpenter Joseph and was the first of several children in the family. -Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:22, 23; Mark 6:3.

I was just wondering. Although Jesus life came from a perfect source Mary who gave birth to him was an imperfect human so how was Jesus a perfect baby.

• serendipity
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Define "imperfect".

Since her womb was "perfect" for the job of allowing a child to gestate, where's the problem?

The Catholics have their own ideas on this one, regarding Mary's holiness prior to the immaculate conception.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

What are you looking for? a rational scientific answer? If you believe the story to be true, why question?

You keep this up and before you know it you might actually challenge the validity of the whole thing. Then, where would you be?

Best not to question. Just have faith.

j

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I like your hat better, Ross.

• lime05
    lime05
    Best not to question. Just have faith.

The organization invites us to question actually they say its important.

Watchtower May 1 1958 p. 261 Is Your Religion the Right One?

“It is important, then, that you "keep testing whether you are in the faith," as Paul declared. Keep checking to see whether the things you believe are in keeping with God's Word. But the question is, Are you willing to put your religion through such a test? There is nothing to fear, because if you have the right religion you can only be reassured by the examination. And if what you believe is not in keeping with the Bible, then you should welcome the truth, because it leads to light and life. - Isa. 8:20, Dy; 2 Cor. 13:5.”

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

There's no right answer to a wrong question.

Perfection / imperfection : unbiblical and inadequate concept / dicthotomy. Drop it and read the stories as they are.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

JT, LT--I like both your hats

Lime, I got more questions than answers on this one myself right now...(uh oh, yer in fer it now, aren't ya LT??? guess ya better steer clear of IM for a while)

~Merry

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Watchtower May 1 1958 p. 261 Is Your Religion the Right One?

“It is important, then, that you "keep testing whether you are in the faith," as Paul declared. Keep checking to see whether the things you believe are in keeping with God's Word. But the question is, Are you willing to put your religion through such a test? There is nothing to fear, because if you have the right religion you can only be reassured by the examination. And if what you believe is not in keeping with the Bible, then you should welcome the truth, because it leads to light and life. - Isa. 8:20, Dy; 2 Cor. 13:5.”

If the dubs practiced what they preach the WTBTS would be defunct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit