Is it really unhealthy to wish harm...

by AuldSoul 6 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

...on a non-physical entity? I truly want to watch the organization crumble into nothing. It is a Corporate construct. That which can be intelligently built, can be intelligently dismantled.

I want to see current adherents realize that life in "this old wicked system" can be viewed differently than that. I want to show them beauty and wonder and hope, and watch them grow into mature, stable, productive members of society.

My dream will never become reality as long as that organization exists.

It must fall.

How?

AuldSoul

• Scully
    Scully
    Is it really unhealthy to wish harm... ...on a non-physical entity?

Try thinking of it in another way:

It is healthy to free prisoners from enslavement.

It is healthy to release good, well-intentioned but misguided people from captivity.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I do it everyday.....I am fine.

Brooke

• Scully
    Scully
    I truly want to watch the organization crumble into nothing. It is a Corporate construct. That which can be intelligently built, can be intelligently dismantled.

I want to see current adherents realize that life in "this old wicked system" can be viewed differently than that. I want to show them beauty and wonder and hope, and watch them grow into mature, stable, productive members of society.

My dream will never become reality as long as that organization exists.

It must fall.

Nobody thought that the Berlin Wall would ever crumble, but it did. Nobody imagined the demise of the USSR, but it happened. Tyranny can be overcome, by freeing one mind at a time. People who taste freedom once they have been enslaved develop a thirst for it, a longing that can only be satisfied by escaping from the prisons that hold them.

The WTS has, for decades, painted a hideous and bleak picture of what awaits the JW if they should ever venture outside the Protection™ of the Organization™. The JW is terrified of becoming an immoral, miserable, godless, drug addicted, alcoholic, pregnant out of wedlock, disease ridden prostitute. That is the only pictorial that has been provided the JW by the WTS of life on the outside. Those of us who have left know that this is a complete lie, a scaremongering tactic to keep JWs from cutting the apron strings. We can paint a brighter picture: we can be happy. We can have a good, clean, amazing life that helps other people. We can be successful - academically, professionally, financially. We can prove that the WTS lied to all JWs by living a life that shows that they lied about what happens when you leave The Truth™.

Why else would the WTS be getting so insistent upon JWs cutting ties with all of us, even if we haven't committed any immorality? The WTS is TERRIFIED of people like us, because we have the power to show by our lives that the WTS LIED about life outside the JWs.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

"Though we adore them individually, we agree that as a group they're rather stupid."

This is the line out of Mary Poppins sang by Glynis Johns regarding men in the 1880's and their efforts to stop womens rights. The same can be said for the Watchtower and it's followers. It is the group or the society which is keeping our families from seeing the real beauty in life and leaving.

I believe it is possible to wish harm on a 'group' and still treasure the individuals which make it up.

Down with the organization! I want my parents back. (siblings I'm not so sure about... lol)

J

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    Is it really unhealthy to wish harm...

Only if said wishing is accompanied by the blowing out of candles on a cake

~Merry

• Carmel
    Carmel

Brooke, is it the cheeze?

carmel

Share this

Google+