Life On Mars!!!

by apostrate 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• apostrate
    apostrate

I first heard of this a couple of years ago, I think it is NASA that is sending people to Mars to begin a colony on the red planet. They will never be allowed to return to Earth. I just saw on the morning news that they have 100 people narrowed down who have volunteered. They may actually leave sometime this Fall and the trip will take about 8 months for them to travel the 200 million miles to get there.

This is all true, I'm not making this up. But here is my question. I wonder if there will be any Jehovahs Witnesses who will be onboard for this adventure? Think about it! What a grand opportunity for the Watchtower to expand the preaching work into new, unchartered territory! The possibilities are limitless!!!

Since Jesus is Lord and Savior over those on Earth, will they still be subject to his laws and those laws of the Watchtower??

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

And the ratio of At-Homes to Not-At-Homes is expected to be nearly identical to what we find on earth, which is a sure sign that the same god who created earth also created mars, which means wasting time on mars is every bit as important as wasting time on earth, which means this wasted time is very important to report, which begs the question should the time it takes to get to the territory be counted?

Answer: If the publisher leaves a handbill in a laundromat on earth just before blasting off to mars the travel time to the planet should be included as part of the ministerial activity. If the publisher does not leave a handbill in a laundromat just prior to blast off then the travel time should not be included--(signed GB via Service Desk SKE)

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

I wonder if there will be any Jehovahs Witnesses who will be onboard for this adventure?

May as well...........It's like they are aliens from another planet.

• cliff
    cliff

"They may actually leave sometime this Fall .... "

Yeah, Right!

This editor is weird - how to do the "quote" thing? And edit emoticons?

• sir82
    sir82

It's not NASA.

Here is the website: http://www.mars-one.com/mission

First launch schedule for 2024.

I think we should take up a collection to send the entire governing body there.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Can you imagine being on a space craft for 8 months with a few nutty pioneers. Most(none JW) will never make the 200 million miles.

Jehovah is so wonderful, would you like a Bible study, may I stop by your cabin tonight a tell you about the wonders of Jehovah, may I leave this tract with you. Day and night none stop for 8 months, it would drive a person crazy. I can not stand riding in a car an hour with a super JW...

Either the none JW would abandon the ship around 100 million miles or the super JW would be kicked off the ship..

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

apostrate:

"I just saw on the morning news that they have 100 people narrowed down who have volunteered. They may actually leave sometime this Fall and the trip will take about 8 months for them to travel the 200 million miles to get there."

There is no way that any manned trip to Mars will take place this or any other year before the end of this century. The US simply doesn't have the infrastructure in space or on earth to launch such a dedicated mission.

As for Witnesses being on board it would be nice if we could send them all to Mars.

• bemused
    bemused

I think this will be long off, if ever, but it's interesting to speculate.

Would the GB have to clarify doctrine? Would Armageddon affect Mars as well? Would any JWs on Mars be transported back to an earthly paradise post the big A or would there be a separate Martian wonderland? Could you still talk about 'worldly people' or would a new phrase be needed ('planetary people'?).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit