Survive Armageddon

by lime05 6 Replies latest jw friends

• lime05
    lime05

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses,

those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil.” Watchtower 1989 September 1 p.19

"And while now the witness yet includes the invitation to come to Jehovah's organization for salvation. … Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do." Watchtower 1981 November 15, p. 21

Yet here it says: How helpful these faithful ones will be during the next phase of the resurrection, when billions of “the unrighteous” are released from the bonds of death! Most of mankind never had a chance to know Jehovah. Satan was ‘blinding their minds.’ (2 Corinthians 4:4) But the Devil’s work will be undone. The unrighteous will come back to a beautiful and peaceful earth. They will be welcomed by a people well organized to teach them about Jehovah and his reigning Son, Jesus Christ. As billions of resurrected ones come to know and love their Creator, the knowledge of Jehovah will fill the earth in an unprecedented way. Knowledge that leads to Everlasting Life. p. 186

So according to the organization those who never had a chance to know Jehovah “the unrighteous” will come back to a beautiful and peaceful earth yet people who from no fault of their own brought up in ‘false religion’ wont unless of course they change their faith that is and become ‘in touch with this channel of communication that God is using’. Satan was ‘blinding their minds’. Was he? Is the organization implying that Satan is stopping ‘the truth’ from being circulated worldwide so everyone doesn’t get the chance for salvation or do they mean that he is making people oppose Jehovah when they come in contact with ‘the truth’. All who oppose God’s Kingdom will be eliminated. Only those loyal to Jehovah will survive. -Revelation 7:9, 14; 19:11-21.

Also what’s the difference between ‘Scriptural hope’ and ‘hope’. I presume there must be a difference as Only Jehovah’s Witnesses have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. Yet billions of “the unrighteous” will be released from the bonds of death which means there is hope for those not just of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd.”

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was always told our hope as Jw's is surviving Armageddon. Then as soon as our PO found out he had a massive brain tumor he shifted our hope to being resurrected. I thought it was all screwy because Jesus said everyone is a resurrected.

Then I found out that Jesus' return is the hope of Christians since the first cetury A.D. My hope immediately turned into a plan to get outta the demonised Watchtower cult.

• BohYan
    BohYan

Why if Satan is deciving us, must we suffer then? And if God promised Noah that he won't send anything bad to people why would he send Armaggedon then? I don't think Armaggedon will happen!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi bohyan, welcome to the forum!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nutty, isn't it?

Because of this doctrine, my husband lives in hope that his parents will have a second opportunity to accept the Good News when they get reconstituted to the JW's version of paradise earth. I swear that if someone tried to offer my father-in-law a bible study in the New Order, he would swear, spit on someone's shoes, and promptly be zotted back to ashes. Hubby's plain dad was never cut out for suit nor study.

Yet my JW hubby has no such secure hope for himself, because no JW is completely sure of their salvation until Judgement Day. What if he isn't up on his hours? How witnessy is a Jehovah's Witness if they don't witness about Jehovah? It's a dilemma. And distressing for ageing seniors as they struggle to get in their ten minutes in a month.

Blondie keeps it straighter than anyone I know. I hope she drops by.

• heathen
    heathen

I'd have to challenge the belief that the anointed remnant survive the end . My belief is that the 144k die as martyrs prior to the final battle . The only ones that escape the tribulation are the great crowd mentioned in revelation 7.

• jgnat
    jgnat

...and for those of you looking for a bible answer, look to Matthew 6

27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life [b] ? .... 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit