Hey all you musicians out there, I've got an idea...

by Cognitive_Dissident 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

So in reading various posts, it's apparent that there are quite a few musicians who post on this board.

Here's my idea, anyone interested in recording a track or two, and then sending it as a wav file to some of the others, who could then add there own tracks and send it back?

It could go from one person to the next, to the next, etc., or it could go out to a bunch of people to see the variety of creative responses to the same original track. Or some other thing that I haven't thought of.

Any takers?

CD

• Cellist
    Cellist

We have no means right now of recording. So we're out. But not everyone plays the same kind of music. Someone would have to organize it. I would imagine there's others like ourselves who play mostly classical and who would need some sort of frame work to start with. Not all of us are masters of improvisation.

Cellist

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Darn, it's too bad you've got no way of recording right now. The cello is the coolest sounding instrument of all time, I love it. I don't play it, unfortunately, but I love it.

If you do get some way, and you're interested, let me know. I think we could come up with a framework to work within/around.

CD

• Cellist
    Cellist

Do you play an instrument yourself?

Cellist

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

I play guitar, bass, drums, and some piano. I love collaborating with people on music. I enjoy the way other people's musical ideas change my own creative process. Do you play professionally?

• Cellist
    Cellist

This thread has been buried by the "big news". It took me awhile to find it. lol

No, I don't play professionally. It's supposed to be my hobby. You play enough instruments to do most of the track yourself!

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit