hello

by force 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• force
    force

i just wanted to say hello. i am 15 my mum just got baptised a jehovah witness and i am so fed up with life i could scream. we dont do xmas no more, we dont do birthday no more, we dont have a life no more. i got lots of my internet stuff blocked i cant watch most tv life is not worth living. if she find me on here i am dead meat

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Wow! That's the pits. Having your mother turn dub as your age is too much. Remember it won't be long until you can make your own decisions. Hang in there.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome Force!

I know it can be very hard

Hang in there and keep coming to this board you will learn lots that you can tell your mom!

• Jez
    Jez

Have you considered talking to a school counseller, a trusted family member? My 15 year old would just go and celebrate the holidays with her non-JW family, and there is nothing I can do to stop her. I believe in her being able to make up her own mind though.

Jez

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

That is the pits......

The loss of birthdays and X-mas is only the beginning for you though. You must now prepare and steel yourself against her doing everything in her power to persuade you into giving up whatever it is you want to do in your life in favor of joining her in bowing down to her new WT god.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome buddy. Hang out in here and vent when you need to. Soon you'll be able to live your own life. The JW's are wrong about everything so you don't ever have to feel guilty that you hate to be a part of that crap.

GBL

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Force,

Welcome to the forum. I can empathize with you. Most people who become JW's go overboard at first. I know my parents did. I think if you talk to her and tell her how unhappy you are, and suggest some compromises, you may get a little more freedom. Talk to some of the kids at the Kingdom Hall and find out which mother or parents are the most liberal and ask them to talk to your mother. Don't be ashamed to play on their sympathies and talk about how hopeless you feel. Many JW parents are not as strict as what is portrayed in the pages of WT publications. I know I'm not.

• anewme
    anewme

Dear young force,
    First off, Congratulations for your mother! Im sure becoming a witness has given her a hope of a better world to come.
    As for you, you have an opportunity to see first hand how the witnesses try to live according to their bible trained consciences.
    You on the other hand will not be under obligation to live accordingly.
    As was suggested you could join another family member for the holidays.
    Remember you will make up your own mind about spiritual matters. Each person must decide for himself.
    But to be fair, your mother becoming a witness is not the worst thing to happen to a person.

She could have been like mine.....drunk all the time....leaving me and my baby brother to sit in cars for hours while she visited bars or strange men's homes.
    I'm sure your mom tries to keep the house clean and the laundry done and you fed and loves you very much. My mom was not spiritual in the least, never uttered I love you and did no house cleaning or cooking. Neighbors called the police and the authorities took my brother and myself away. She never did straighten out and died from alcohol poisoning when I was 19.

Get some perspective is all I say.
    She is not the worst mom in the world.
    Best wishes to you.
    Anewme

• mouthy
    mouthy

life is not worth living.

Darling at 15 you have a wonderful life ahead of you! Dont think life is over -It is just beginning- Your Mother becoming a JW is a bump in your road. But DONT argue with her or rebel. Play the game a little longer ---It is a game of "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN" Just make sure you dont get caught. I am sure she is a good MUM. Just thinks she has found GOD!!!My advice to you ( if you do believe in God) Is to pray to HIM asking for guidence ,patience,love. If you dont believe remember NOT to rebel at MUM she IS your parent! & deserves respect no matter what her views. Are. I am an old woman just giving granny advice .... ((((HUGS!!!!Come back & vent on hewre not at home. Do you have a DAD????

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome force! Enjoy your stay here and think freely!

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit