The believable and unbelievable

by James Mixon 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Have you ever been told something that was so unbelievable, like Angels having sex with humans, demons attacking someone, floods, talking animals, cutting someone ear off and reattaching it within minutes without the aid of a surgeon. We accepted it without a second thought.

The other day watching Home &Garden House Hunters (folks buying homes in other states and other countries).

Today after leaving the borg I don't trust anyone or what they say.

A family buying a place in Alaska and they announced, Alaska has about 3,197 officially named natural lakes out of 3 million unnamed natural lakes.

I told the wife BS, how can that many lakes be in one state.

It was hard for me to believe that Minnesota have 10000 lakes.

It really feel good to check out a source, to investigate for yourself.

I know this is a small thing, the numbers of lakes in Alaska.

Years ago when I was in the borg, and they told me Alaska have a billion lakes, I wouldn't have question it.

What happened!!!!!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Oh, I forgot. Alaska have 3 million lakes....
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Siberia has millions of lakes and increasing every month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKyRHDFKEXQ&feature=player_detailpage

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Village Idiot: Thanks. That's a big problem..That place may become one big lake..
  • Simon
    Simon

It really depends on you definition of "lake"

The trouble is where your view of lake is wildly different to the technical definition. Most of us think of a picturesque body of water nestled between mountains that we can canoe across and fish in.

Not a large puddle.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Simon: "It really depends on your definition of "lake", true.

The U.S have 123439 lakes excludes those that are smaller than 10 acres

and also excludes the great lakes.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have a lake in my backyard now after the last storm...

does that count?

• RecoveringISFJ
    RecoveringISFJ
    What happened is that we really wanted it to be true. We really wanted a better life, we really wanted to not die. We never thought it would happen to us, it was always happening to someone else. The fact is that the dream, although a good one, was created by a group of men trying to figure out their own pain. Instead of taking the opportunity to live now, we lived in the future. And now, some of us don't have that much time anymore. It feels like we were robbed, and we were. We trusted them because what they said is what we wanted to believe, heck all people look to others hoping to find an answer. We trusted the wrong people, that's all. But we can make the best of what we have now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit