Only Family Member in the Truth

by Cheenie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Cheenie
    Cheenie

I am in a family of 6: Mum, Dad, 2 brothers and one sister. Only my mum and i are in the truth still. It is so hard to keep going for the right reasons. I am nearly 18 and have just finished highschool and am now so uncertain what i'm going to do with my life. While the prospects of university are good, i have seen my brothers and sisters leave whilst at uni, not that it means uni is completely bad. If I don't remain a witness, will my mum stay? i feel like any decision i make about my future won't be entirely my own.

• defd
    defd

Cheenie. Serve Jehovah because you love him, not so your mom will stay in. Your future is bright as long as you walk in Jesus way and serve God. Get an education so you have the means to support your self, all the while not putting Jehovah last and He will bless you.

D.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi Cheenie,

Welcome. My advice is to get your education.

Cellist

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Get an education. Everything else will work itself out. The Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult, stick around and we'll explain why you don't have to feel guilty for going to University.

GBL

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

Get an education if you don't want to scrub toilets the rest of your life!

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Cheenie!

Nice to have you here!

Do you think that perhaps once your siblings were educated, perhaps they could see the Organization for what it really is?

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Welcome to the board!

It is so hard to keep going for the right reasons.

It can be hard to find "right reasons" to keep going. Please, do your research!

First and foremost, GET AN EDUCATION!!! Some may try to discourage you from getting an education, but don't listen to them - they will not be there to help you pay your bills when you can't work because you hurt your back while cleaning one too many toilets, but they'll be quick to laugh behind your back because of it.

W

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Cheenie,

Welcome to the forum! I agree with the others, focus on getting an education. It's kind of you to think about your Mother, but you have to live your own life. I tell my 16 year old the same thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit