god answers prayers

by teejay 3 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

A man decided it was time to shed some excess pounds. He took his new diet seriously, even changing his driving route to avoid his favorite bakery.

One morning, however, he arrived at work carrying a gigantic coffeecake. Everyone scolded him, but his smile remained cherubic.

"This is a very special coffeecake," he explained. "I accidentally drove by the bakery this morning and there in the window were a host of goodies. I felt this was no accident, so I prayed, 'Lord, if you want me to have one of those delicious coffeecakes, let me have a parking place directly in front of the bakery.'"

"And sure enough," he continued, "the eighth time around the block, there it was!"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A voice from the aether was heard...

"Thank you for praying to Almighty God.

Your prayer is very important to us.

At the moment, Jehovah is occupied.

Please coninue to hold. You are supplicant number 13,243,076.

You may continue to hold, or may pray again during non-peak hours."

• teejay
    teejay

You may continue to hold, or may pray again during non-peak hours.

Same difference.

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Hello happy,peppy people;

As JWs, we are taught that basically Jehovah does not hear the prayers of non JWs. That thought has always troubled me. What about all the sincere people that really feel that are faithful and try to abide by God's laws and principals? Are they not heard because they don't belong to the right organized religion? Would our God be that picky? The bible itself says that the sun shines and the rain falls on good and evil alike-He loves mankind that much......Just a thought.

Thanks again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit